British Comedy Awards 2008 Page 3

That confirmed now then? :)

Quote: Aaron @ November 14 2008, 5:39 PM GMT

That confirmed now then? :)

I just looked and can't find anything altough I'm happy if he is doing it. I hoped they wouldn't go for Deayton, that would have been the easy choice.

The wonderful and most braintastic zooo has just reminded me that the Not Going Out Christmas special is filming on the night of the BCAs. So unless they spend the thousands on rescheduling the studio time, there's no chance Mack will host.

Why not get John Cleese to do it?

Or Manuel himself.

I just fear that they will go with someone like Deayton as a safe bet. You want someone to do it with a bit of risk.

Jimmy Carr will probably end up doing it, or Jack Dee maybe. I would prefer the latter out of those two.

Every year, without fail, the BCA panel make themselves look like ignorant idiots by nominating established actors for the newcomer award. It makes me rather annoyed as it's almost as if they're saying these people's previous work counts for nothing! I see this year is no exception...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I'd seen Steve Edge starring in That Peter Kay Thing 8 years ago... not to mention taking on key roles in another five or so sitcoms in the last decade? Have the panel not seen I'm With Stupid, Mike Bassett, Star Stories or any of the other shows he's been in?

And what's Anna Crilly doing on the newcomers list? Don't get me wrong, she's a great actress that deserves an award, but it shouldn't be the newcomer award. Whichever way you look at it, Lead Balloon (which wasn't even her first comedy show) started in 2006?!?

As for Lee Mack - it's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure where The Guardian pulled that one from. Like Aaron and zooo say, Not Going Out is recording that night and I doubt Avalon would be happy to cancel that.

I strongly suspect the host will be an 'ITV face'. The organisers need to try and get back in ITV's good books and what better way than giving the job to one of their own stars. My money is heavily behind Harry Hill being announced as the host.

Is Deayton an ITV face?

He did Hell's Kitchen.

I don't think Angus Deayton's much of an anything face at the moment. Although he does present Would I Lie To You? on the BBC I suppose.

I thiiink he may be largely writing rather than performing these days.

It has now been confirmed - the host of the British Comedy Awards 2008 is Angus Deayton. It will be shown live on Saturday 6 December.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2008/11/21/7842/deayton_to_host_comedy_awards

I was right, but didn't want to be. I'm disappointed with this news. Let's just hope Gervais turns up and wins to make the night not a complete waste of time.

Wow. I almost bet this morning that it would be Deayton!

Are you disappointed too?

Not in the slightest.