Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 6

New series shaping up well though, you think?

So how is it organised in these studios? Are all the Not Going Out sets laid out in-front of you, the flat, the bar they're always in, someones office etc., or would it just be the one set and they just blast through a whole episode or twos material?!

It depends on show-to-show, episode-by-episode as to what sets you'd get in front of you. You'll get the main set, in this case the flat, in front of you, and depending on what else is required by the script, there may be another couple to the side of the main set, or behind it. They do one episode, in its correct order (ie they don't jump around), and one episode only.

I kind of imagined they may cram in several episodes into one usage of the set - More footage for their fivers so to speak! Clearly not though, interesting stuff...

Can't wait until December now.

Well it wouldn't make sense, would it? Jokes aren't all isolated. They'd have to make sense in context of the whole plot, and earlier scenes.

Basically, the audience wouldn't laugh.

They show the whole episode in sequence. The main set is the flat with the kitchen. The bar is to the side. As well as what you can see there are multiscreens showing it as it appears to the director.

A couple of exterior scenes are shown on the screens too.

Also in the first one there were bathroom scenes which were out of view - shame really with Sally Bretton.

Quote: David Chapman @ November 2 2008, 10:39 PM GMT

The bar is to the side.

Ah, interesting. I'm pretty sure it was VT for last year's Christmas special.

Quote: Aaron @ November 2 2008, 10:45 PM GMT

Ah, interesting. I'm pretty sure it was VT for last year's Christmas special.

They seem to use it every episode so makes sense to be in studio

Not necessarily. It's only a few short scenes. Admittedly probably doesn't take up much room, but it's again dependant on other scenes required in the episode, and the size of the studio.

I'm so excited!! We need to book our hotel on Friday ready for Dec. Any recomendations?

*Cowers from Aaron ready for when he jumps on her bloomin aweful spelling*

No, pretty good actually. Just needed a second 'm'.

Can't really help on the hotel front, I'm afraid. Where are you coming from?

Quote: Aaron @ November 3 2008, 2:23 AM GMT

No, pretty good actually. Just needed a second 'm'.

Can't really help on the hotel front, I'm afraid. Where are you coming from?

Stockport near manchester. Not worth just staying for the day so shall be staying overnight, in the car if need be Pleased

Oh blimey. You're probably pushing it a bit, to find accommodation now, to be honest. I've never yet needed to book a hotel room around London, so I wouldn't know where to suggest. Hopefully someone will pop up during the day with an idea, so check back later on tonight!

Quote: Aaron @ November 3 2008, 3:03 AM GMT

Oh blimey. You're probably pushing it a bit, to find accommodation now, to be honest.

No, it's fine! Don't panic the poor Princess :)

From memory I think there's a Travelodge just down the road at Kingston Upon Thames? You can normally roll up at those sorts of places even on the night.

Quite randomly last night, it struck me that the cleaner is more or less Not Going Out's Great Gazoo.

Anyhoo.