My Family - Series 7 Page 5

The Beeb will certainly try...

I see the latest BSG newsletter states that Kris Marshall 'hasn't been in anything good since leaving the hit My Family'. My immediate reaction was what about My Life in Film, but I've just done a search and see it wasn't well thought of here.

It was reasonably entertaining, but far too flat and lifeless on the whole, IMO.

Quote: Chiaroscuro @ June 13, 2007, 8:47 PM

I see the latest BSG newsletter states that Kris Marshall 'hasn't been in anything good since leaving the hit My Family'. My immediate reaction was what about My Life in Film, but I've just done a search and see it wasn't well thought of here.

I think he's quite good in the BT adverts. He's as odd as they are. When the first 2 or 3 came out I found them quite peculiar. Didn't know how he ended up with that woman and her kids, still don't.

I lost interest in My Family after Nick left. True, his part was totally stupid and unbelievable, but he was a blast of surreal sunshine and I loved how he truly didn't give a f**k about anything.

Quote: Chiaroscuro @ June 13, 2007, 8:47 PM

My Life in Film was a valiant effort but, as you've read, not widely accepted as very good (which is what our value judgement there was based upon)

Quote: Skibbington von Skubber @ June 13, 2007, 10:37 PM

I think he's quite good in the BT adverts. He's as odd as they are. When the first 2 or 3 came out I found them quite peculiar. Didn't know how he ended up with that woman and her kids, still don't.

You like them? Wow. They're not very good at selling BT's products though are they - like you say, just what is the back story?!?

Quote: Skibbington von Skubber @ June 13, 2007, 10:37 PM

I lost interest in My Family after Nick left. True, his part was totally stupid and unbelievable, but he was a blast of surreal sunshine and I loved how he truly didn't give a f**k about anything.

I think a lot of people, myself included, totally agree with that. When asked, a lot of people say series three is the best (which I believe is when Nick was the focus of many of the episodes).

After a while these type of advertising campaigns lose their impact because you entirely forget what they're trying to sell.

You just watch the story and think things like was it a rebound thing for her?

They're all trying to do a Gold Blend.

Quote: Aaron @ June 13, 2007, 10:16 PM

It was reasonably entertaining, but far too flat and lifeless on the whole, IMO.

Awww. Maybe I was drunk when I watched it.

Quote: Mark @ June 14, 2007, 12:03 AM

My Life in Film was a valiant effort but, as you've read, not widely accepted as very good (which is what our value judgement there was based upon)

I can only remember a couple of the stories now but I thought The Shining one was particularly good. Obviously it helped to have seen the films they were ripping off eerrr, paying homage to. The fifth episode was based on 81/3, which I've not seen so I didn't get the references there. I mean, I could see certain things were meant to be references but didn't get to do the smug knowing smile and nod.

I just remember that bloody outtake with the wine bottle that's been shown 50,000 times.

Quote: zooo @ April 7 2007, 12:20 PM BST

I watched some of it, just to see if that youngest son was hot yet. I've been waiting for three series now...

Update : He is now hot!

I've seen pictures. Blonde, tattoo. Crikey.

Anyway, yes. New series starting soon if anyone's interested. :)

I noticed the dippy girl (name escapes me) is currenly in Eastenders playing Rickaaaaaaaay's Girlfriend.

Quote: Richard Wells @ April 3 2008, 10:18 PM BST

I noticed the dippy girl (name escapes me) is currenly in Eastenders playing Rickaaaaaaaay's Girlfriend.

More importantly what the hell's happened to Bianca? They've given her a complete character transplant.

I can't really remember what she was like before. They've got the clothes right though! Same exact silver puffa jacket I think.

I wonder how long 'dippy girl from My Family' for 'tis her name, is staying in Eastenders.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 3 2008, 10:20 PM BST

More importantly what the hell's happened to Bianca? They've given her a complete character transplant.

Well it has been 9 years so don't we all change in 9 years lol.

Her clothes haven't reached 2008 yet though.

Daniela Denby-Ashe, you mean? She was in EastEnders in the past, methinks.

Anwyay, yes, new My Family starts next Friday. :)

SITCOM: My Family
On: BBC 1
Date: Friday 11th April 2008
Time: 21:00 to 21:30

The Parent Trap. Series 8, episode 1.
Sitcom about a dentist and his family. Ben takes delivery of a neighbour's plasma screen television and falls in love with it, but it seems that Michael's current love interest may be expecting a delivery of something smaller but more problematic.