Why are the Yanks funnier than us Brits? Page 5

Quote: Walker @ June 11, 2007, 5:49 PM

and for heaven's sake, BRING BACK TEACHERS!

Yes! Are you watching the repeats on ftn?

Loved Teachers and when Andrew Lincoln left thought it would be shit but it wasn't, but then it did eventually.

It changed totally, but I still liked it until the end. Not as much though, obviously. Kurt should never have left. :(

I can barely remember it actually, it seemed years ago.

I watched about 2-3 series, how many was there?

4 I think.
The last one had almost no one from the original cast.
And it starred Mathew Horne. Like every single TV show ever made now does.

Lol.

Laughing out loud Loved Teachers.

Laughing out loud

Just read the subject of this email! The guy who wrote it is having a laugh that is for sure!

Clearly mistaking volume for quality! Teamwriting v individuals. They should be producing a lot better stuff than they are considering the population and teams of writers they go through.

Our humour is cutting edge and much less censored than the US. I think we have more diversity too, not bad for a small country.

However, I do think Family Guy is one of the funniest things on TV at the mo, although their funniest character is played as a british baby.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 10, 2007, 4:11 PM

That's the third offer I've had this week. What is it about a good-looking, well-hung virtual cab driver that women find so attractive?

First and foremost your modesty, I would say.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ June 12, 2007, 5:15 PM

Laughing out loud

However, I do think Family Guy is one of the funniest things on TV at the mo, although their funniest character is played as a british baby.

Oh I'd forgotten about Family Guy when I said I didn't watch any US comedies at the moment. I was thinking of 'real' people. Agree entirely about Family Guy. Stewie is one of the best comedy characters created ever ever ever in the whole world.

Animation is different. Nothing is impossible with animation. Then again, we had Bromwell High.

Quote: Chiaroscuro @ June 12, 2007, 8:05 PM

First and foremost your modesty, I would say.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Walker @ June 12, 2007, 8:13 PM

Animation is different. Nothing is impossible with animation. Then again, we had Bromwell High.

Bromwell High was a work of pure genius. Best comedy in 2005, IMO.

Indeed. Shame it only had one series. I'm going to buy the DVD as soon as i can find it.

Reeeeally worth getting. The Canadians got 13 episodes! BASTARDS!

I agree with Containsnuts. If it's so structured I don't find it funny. Also I agree Family Guy is brilliant but - Walker - saying animation is different? Obviously it's different but the script is much funnier.

I just don't like Family Guy.

I thought it was OK at first, but then I hated it, then I gave it another go, still didn't like it, trying to give it another chance because everyone tells me how brilliant it is, so I "half" watch one the other night (whilst I was on here actually) and laughed a few times, so I thought, I might actually like it now. Watched it again tonight. Did not raise one tiny, tiny, tiny smile.

I just don't get it. I can't see the funny?