Would be grateful of any recommendations. Page 2

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 31 2008, 1:55 PM BST

If you leave it in for another five minutes it'll be done! :)

*sniggers*

Red Dwarf, Black Books, Green Wing...

... basically, think of a colour!!

Quote: Jolanta Zofia Nowak @ July 31 2008, 7:10 PM BST

The Thin Blue Line

Quote: Jolanta Zofia Nowak @ July 31 2008, 7:10 PM BST

Blackadder!

Not a colour but,
Some mothers do ave' 'em!

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. Plenty to go at now.

No mention yet of Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads? Possibly the best sitcom ever.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 29 2008, 1:55 PM BST

Hyperdrive (hit & miss)

Jesus, Christ, no. Just no. Are you trying to put the guy off sitcom for the rest of his life?

Quote: Timbo @ August 2 2008, 4:33 PM BST

No mention yet of Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads? Possibly the best sitcom ever.

And its predecessor, The Likely Lads.

Quote: Aaron @ August 3 2008, 2:01 AM BST

Jesus, Christ, no. Just no. Are you trying to put the guy off sitcom for the rest of his life?

There were some good episodes imo. He may like it, how will he know if he hasn't seen it?

Look at his list of shows he owns already. Does it strike you that Hyperdrive is likely to be up there, whether the episodes were good or not (IMO highly debatable, but nevermind)?

Quote: Aaron @ August 3 2008, 2:10 AM BST

Look at his list of shows he owns already. Does it strike you that Hyperdrive is likely to be up there, whether the episodes were good or not (IMO highly debatable, but nevermind)?

He's got Spaced in there, so he may be interested in something with Nick Frost in. I don't know? :|

Ahhh, I didn't spot Spaced there. Hm. Well... Maybe. Still, an overwhelmingly poor show, no? Even if there may have been a few ok episodes?

I liked the aliens with the big red hats. :) They were really shit.

You might like The New Statesman and Drop The Dead Donkey. They're a bit more satire-orientated that the bulk of your list but I don't see much mention of them on these forums. Early Doors might be better suited but if you want to indulge in more off the wall shows like Spaced and Bottom you may also enjoy The Young Ones and the mighty The Simpsons. To name but five for you. Rolling eyes

I'd suggest 'Early Doors' as well. Also no one seems to have mentioned 'Peep Show'