Jonathan Ross Salutes Dad's Army

Can't get there myself but it looks interesting.....

JONATHAN ROSS SALUTES DAD'S ARMY

Thursday 17th July 2008

BBC TV Centre, White City, London W12

Tickets:- http://www.sroaudiences.com/

(Click on "Current Shows" and it's about 10 shows down)

Yeah, I'm tempted myself, but not sure I can make it either.

(Or who would go with me, if anyone.)

Nice one Griff, they are trying to justify his ridiculous wages

The best oral sex I ever had was with some geezer who could not pronounce his r's. I had him talking all through it. Oooooh the vibrations. Oooooh. A W makes the mouth open wider see. Ohhhhhh.

BTW Dads Army Rocks. Good ol Jonny Woss.

Dads army = great.
Ross = wanker.

Quote: Rockabilly @ June 18 2008, 10:15 PM BST

Ross = wanker.

Well certainly not an officer and a gentleman.

Jonathan Ross is a product of the same BBC machine which regularly churns out 'instant' presenters of various kinds whom we are expected to fawn over as if they have won over our hearts through any actual talent or efforts of their own.

I really do not know who the Beeb thinks will take to this moron. It certainly cannot be the likes of moi.

It is not that he is distinctly unfunny when he thinks he is the height of hilarity.

It is not that he is uncouth when the moment calls for a degree of civility.

It is not that he is remorselessly lacking in tact and subtlety.

Yes, he is all of these things but the real problem is much worse:

He is a nonentity.

At some stage, this poor creature was given a depth-of character-ectomy.

For those of you who remember the sixties, we have been here before. The two relevant words are 'Dee' and 'Simon'...

I find him quite entertaining, myself.

He's hardly 'instant', he's been presenting since the 80s. (And is much better now.)

Each to his or her own. Personally, I deal in absolutes rather than relativity. 'Better' does not actually mean 'good' necessarily.

If Ross is good, I do not even want to start imagining what might be represented by 'mediocre', still less 'bad'.

It would be the stuff of nightmares.

I'm not saying he's good now because he used to be worse.

Do you prefer that old ballsac Parkinson on ITV?

He fawns just as much, asks questions that are just as uncomfortable and innapropriate and yet is lauded by most of those who hate Ross.

Someone has eyes as bright as that sparkling city in Oz.

:)

Jonathon Ross is a very intelligent and funny presenter. His radio show is pure genius. And his ten minute opening salvo at the comedy awards is widely considered to be the best part of the show.

Plus he did appear as an extra in Dad's Army, so he's got a tennuous connection with the show... Who would you rather present the tribute? Simon Dee?

Quote: Griff @ June 20 2008, 1:22 PM BST

Good heavens no, Parky is even worse than Wossy.

Well as long as we agree on something!

Parkinson's one of those washed-up types who's been elevated by nostalgia rather than talent of capability throughout much of his career - certainly the past 10 years or so.

Ross is a bit of a dick, especially so when he's doing shows like this one, but unlike Parkinson doesn't really take himself seriously, I don't think.

Quote: Griff @ June 20 2008, 1:22 PM BST

Well, me taking my trousers down is the best part of me having a shit but it doesn't make it good TV.

Best, or crucial?