Not Going Out - Series 2 Page 2

*whispers* I agree. She bloody annoyed me too.

I agree and disagree. I think she's attractive and possesses good comic timing. However, her character wasn't very well written. In some episodes she's portrayed as having no sense of humour, and being fairly naive, in others she's sharp as a tack and gives Lee as good as she gets - which is when she is at her best. When they give her 'zany' storylines (the inner clown, teaching a dog to become a vegetarian) both the character and the storyline fall flat.

I think the character of Megan's alright but I do agree about the clowning episode a bit bland. I couldn't imagine a better actress for that character though. Maybe the 2nd series will show a better Kate. :P

FYI the first series is being repeated on Monday nights now. First episode is this Monday 30th at 10:35pm on BBC1

First time I enjoyed a sitcom on BBC1 for some time! Some truly great lines, decent performances and nice production values too - clearly going for the slick 'American' look.

Definitely deserved a second series to develop further.

That's great news!

Not Going Out was probably my favourite sitcom of last year. Looking forward to the new series. :D

Ok, excuse me one second....

*Screams and jumps in the air for joy*

Now thats over with, I can go find a spare blank DVD.

Anyone know anything about an official DVD release?
Please? With a cherry on top?

Hey SamHealr - no news yet on the official DVD however I'd put money on one being released at the same time as the new series (at the end of the year).

Thank you so much for the info. :D I would definitely watch again the 1st series! :D

Maybe I'll give it a try this time. Yet another one I seem to have missed out on. It's always good to get in at the start.

You should! It's really funny. I wasn't able to watch all the episodes :( though, but the the ones I saw were really good. Hope you'll like it. Pleased

Its a very stand up sitcom in that its basically one character feeding lines and the other performing stand up.

Not a criticism just an observation. Talking of observations:

Do you ever come out of the toilet and wonder if your hands are wet because you washed your hands or because you didn’t wash your hands?
(my routine is thirty minutes so I won't make you suffer)

When am I going to get a sitcom?

Quote: ajp29 @ April 30, 2007, 1:35 AM

Do you ever come out of the toilet and wonder if your hands are wet because you washed your hands or because you didn’t wash your hands?
(my routine is thirty minutes so I won't make you suffer)

What ? 30 minutes in the toilet or 30 minutes washing (or not washing) your hands? Obsessive compulsive disorder taken to extremes.

Well I watched the first one of the repeats and i agree it was very funny at times.

"What's she do then?"

"Self'arms"

"What's wrong with selling farms?"

Lee Mack was OK but what was the point of a Yank girlfriend? (What is the point?)

She wasn't very good and her accent was annoying.

Her accent did actually sound like it was put on, even though it wasn't.

She didn't annoy me though.