Not Going Out - Series 2 Page 3

Watched it last night for the first time. Thought it was o.k. The American girl was annoying.

They could've squeezed in a few jokes. :P

Ha. :)
It does actually get better as well. I wasn't sure about it at first.

I'm pleased it's got a second series. It was a pleasant surprise tuning into a BBC sitcom on a Friday night and actually genuinely laughing. It reminded me of the first time I tuned in to One Foot in the Grave, thinking "Oh God, a BBC sitcom" and then ending up really laughing.

I can understand some people's reservation about the American girl, sometimes she seems to be too obviously delivering a comedy line but I thought she was OK. It's Lee and Tim that are the real stars though.

Quote: Chiaroscuro @ May 18, 2007, 7:54 PM

I can understand some people's reservation about the American girl, sometimes she seems to be too obviously delivering a comedy line

That's exactly it. Well said.
But I agree, she's fine. Although sometimes I find myself imagining someone like Jessica Stevenson in the role.

Sally Philips for me.

Well, I return. For tonight, I attended the first read-through for series 2, and we were treated to the first two episodes. All fans will be relieved to know that it's easily as funny as series one.

Didn't see any sign of Miranda Hart, but the lovely (and extremely well-cast) Sally Bretton did a great job. Can't wait to see it on our screens! :D

(Oh, and Zooo will be very pleased to hear that the second episode features Lee as a gay.)

Hurray!!

Now, does he get off with any stable boys?

No... But there is a scene in a gay bar.

I just read somewhere that the original flatmate in the first series was going to be played by Catherine Tate. :O
That would have been weird.

I f**kin 'ate 'er!

Lee Mack on the US version of The Sketch Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPUW66ANzB8

(With Kelsey Grammer!) Some of it's actually quite funny.
And, it has one of the exact sketches that Karen Taylor does every week in her show. Not that I'm saying she nicked it or owt.
In fact it was probably the other way around.

Just had a quick look Karen Taylor was in the english sketch show. They used it on that the american verison of the sketch show and touch me i'm karen taylor. A bit old now lol.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but in the Radio Times this morning it mentions that Not Going Out is returing for a new series plus Christmas special and also says that some new writers have been employed. Anybody know who they are?

I hope they're not James Hendrie and Ian Brown!

Quote: Dave @ July 31, 2007, 6:51 PM

I hope they're not James Hendrie and Ian Brown!

Too busy appearing in Harry Potter and telling us, "I'm not making another Stone Roses album you little wankers!"