BBC Comedy College Page 56

This isn't the Health of the Nation thing is it? That's got until mid-June.

I think the thread has got a bit confused....

The Comedy College winners will be announced next week...

Sharps aka the nations health closing date 16 June...

kjs

That's on a different thread. I'd totally forgotten about this. Can't even remember if I enetered.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 18 2008, 11:26 PM BST

That's on a different thread. I'd totally forgotten about this. Can't even remember if I enetered.

Whether you did or didn't, the outcome will be the same. :P

FYI, the successful applicants have been announced... http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/writersroom/2008/05/college_4_1.shtml

Some of them do seem to have quite a bit of experience already.

John Warburton is a former journalist turned stand-up comedian and comedy writer. He is lead writer on a new sketch project being developed by Baby Cow in Manchester, has contributed to the Comedy North show Scallywagga, and is developing a sitcom pilot with Comedy North.

Is this our very own jdubya ??!! Wow!!!

The inclusion of Catherine Shepherd, a regular on Peter Serafinowicz and the focal point of a whole Peep Show episode suggests that my few radio sketches were never really going to get me anywhere in this scheme.

However, John Warburton? Why do I know that name? Does he reside around here under a pseudonym?

Well done to all six though. Let's hope they bring us a lot of good comedy!

Dan

Quote: Mark @ May 22 2008, 10:19 AM BST

FYI, the successful applicants have been announced... http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/writersroom/2008/05/college_4_1.shtml

Some of them do seem to have quite a bit of experience already.

I did some technical gubbins for Trippplicate at the Edinburgh Festival way back so I'm delighted for them, and another successful writer from that list pops up now and again on this very site so well done to him as well.

Ouch. It’s only now I realise how vastly under qualified I was for this scheme. I mean, technically I was eligible - but looking at the standard of the winners I needn’t have bothered wasting their time with a solitary, miserable RFTP commission.

Good luck to them all, and the scheme in general – they’ve picked some really interesting people by the sounds of it. Good stuff!

Yeah but there's women on it. Women can't write comedy.

Whistling nnocently

Thank goodness this is out now. I've been boiling with desperation to tell people for what seems like AGES. I promise I'll try to make you proud.

Good on you! Best of luck with it. Micheal seems like a decent cove!

Quote: jdubya @ May 22 2008, 10:53 AM BST

Thank goodness this is out now. I've been boiling with desperation to tell people for what seems like AGES. I promise I'll try to make you proud.

Oh. I get it now. J. W. I thought you were Polish. Congrats! :)

Yeah well done JDubya! You must be absolutely over the moon. Keep us posted as the adventure unfolds!

Quote: jdubya @ May 22 2008, 10:53 AM BST

Wahay! Cunning! ;)

Great news and pleased a regular's made it. Best of luck with it all. I am genuinely chuffed now!

Dan