Langham, can we forgive him? Page 13

Hardly.

Precisely.

Poetry.

Quote: M Lewis @ April 28 2008, 12:09 AM BST

Father of 4 but i still understand that we are born with our sexual desire and that, no matter how distastefull, someone attracted to kids can no more change that than i can resit a Baywatch re-run.

? i guess pretty hard, especially if i have to put up with a donkey 9-5.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

Firstly how can you as a father say what you have just said.
So if a man was to take piccies of your kids at a swimming pool & wank off to them, you will be just dandy O with it. Its ok, its just his sexual desire. He aint hurting anyone. Just spunking to the pic of your kid in its swim wear!

He wasn't saying it was okay, or acceptable. Just suggesting that people are probably born with that desire.

Everyone pretty much agrees that paedophiles can't be 'cured'. They will always feel like that about children, they can just decide not to act upon it. (Hopefully).

That would be ideal Zooo. However it is not going to happen.
I accept that a person can have thoughts & only ever thoughts. I do not know they exist as their thoughts hurt no one. The second it turns from thoughts to even curiosity, then they over step the mark.

In response to Charlie's post ABOVE the one above:

but that's not what paedophila is, is it. There's a whole lot more going on than picture taking once they start acting on those desires.

So - am i bothered some people have those desires....no (not in a day to day sense, its not something i ponder over much), i regard them as having been born with that abnormality. It's unfortunate for them (and us) that their particular abnormality cant be satisfied by consenting adults (like gays) or resolved through the use of powerful hair dyes (like gingers)

To answer the SPECIFIC question.....actually, i'm not sure i care. Or need to care, if it were that simple. Your picture is on the net, do you feel degraded knowing that some people may have sex with chickens while looking at it...that your image provides them with stimulation to do something disgusting?

I look after and protect my children, that doesn't need to extend to wondering what goes on in the minds of others if (and it cant be) it could be guaranteed it went no further.

Interestingly, i wouldn't let my kids do drugs which i know many parents aren't so fussed about so i guess we all react to these issues differently.

Quote: M Lewis @ April 28 2008, 5:46 PM BST

So - am i bothered some people have those desires....no (not in a day to day sense, its not something i ponder over much), i regard them as having been born with that abnormality. It's unfortunate for them (and us) that their particular abnormality cant be satisfied by consenting adults (like gays) or resolved through the use of powerful hair dyes (like gingers)

Do you think being gay is an abnormality? (not saying it's right or wrong to, just curious.)

I dont give a f**k what people do with my picture. I am an adult & I understand the complex sexual nature of Humans. However if someone was getting off on a pic of my kids (As children) I would kill them.

Quote: Charley @ April 28 2008, 5:38 PM BST

I accept that a person can have thoughts & only ever thoughts. I do not know they exist as their thoughts hurt no one. The second it turns from thoughts to even curiosity, then they over step the mark.

That's pretty much at odds with everything you've said yet in this thread, but is largely correct. I would argue that the action, rather than just "curiousity" is where the mark is crossed.

Quote: zooo @ April 28 2008, 5:49 PM BST

Do you think being gay is an abnormality?

Yes. Taking 'abnormal' in its literal sense, ie unusual; not the most common situation or state, then there is no reasoned argument otherwise.

Depends where the curiosity takes you. If it means hanging around schools with your hands in your pockets, then its a problem. If it means downloading pictures of children being raped, then its a problem.
Basically if your curiosity seeks out reality, then it is over stepping the mark.

If one other person suffers in some way for your curiosity, then it is over stepping the mark.

But then that's passing curiosity and going into the realm of actually DOING something.

Quote: Aaron @ April 28 2008, 6:04 PM BST

Yes. Taking 'abnormal' in its literal sense, ie unusual; not the most common situation or state, then there is no reasoned argument otherwise.

Yes, literally it is not the norm. But 'abnormality' has a bit of a judgemental edge to it. Still I suppose that's the problem of the reader, not the person who uses the word.

Quote: zooo @ April 28 2008, 5:49 PM BST

Do you think being gay is an abnormality? (not saying it's right or wrong to, just curious.)

Absolutely. As am i at 6ft6.

Quote: Aaron @ April 28 2008, 6:06 PM BST

But then that's passing curiosity and going into the realm of actually DOING something.

If it is acceptable for a man to stand at the school gates & wank while watching the kiddies come out, then I will bow down to this argument. Someone give me a reasonable explanation as to how that is acceptable, then fine. He isnt touching any kiddies, they may not even know he is doing it. Is it acceptable though. Is it ok?