TILT - topical Radio 7 comedy Page 14

Quote: KJSmyling @ April 14 2008, 11:13 PM BST

Perhaps you're too funny and the staff writers are intercepting your e-mails in case your genius outshines them and they loose their jobs...

kjs

Or even, 'lose'.

Nah, maybe they want their jobs loosening?

That sounds kind of, really suggestive and stuff.

Well that's KJS's fault.

Damn that KJS. Damn him!

I don't know if this should be in a separate thread, but what sort of format would/do you use to send in Headlines?

Ive seen that they ask for radio script format, but how does that really apply if we're essentially just sending in 1 sentence?

Ehm.... I meant to write loose... It was a joke... them being free-range writers and such.... they are worried about their jobs ie the jokes getting loose....

kjs

I think they bought it....

Quote: graham @ April 15 2008, 12:50 AM BST

I don't know if this should be in a separate thread, but what sort of format would/do you use to send in Headlines?

Ive seen that they ask for radio script format, but how does that really apply if we're essentially just sending in 1 sentence?

I sent them as just 3 lines in radio format. But as to date they don't seem to have used any one's headlines, I don't think it's worth using one of you're 3 goes.

*cough* your

I've sent three headlines on one page of radio script. Also usually try and send three sketches as well as this, so I'm not counting it as 'one of my three goes'.

I wouldn't want to chance sending more than 3 things, without being invited to.

Thanks, folks.

Would you still include a title page for just 3 lines? And do companies normally have a preference for Word, or PDF, etc.?

I don't mean to be asking you to do all of my work for me!

Yes treat as you would any other submission.

But seriously submit something they patently haven't used in 3 weeks?

You might as well send a photo of your bum.

n.b. always save as plain text, and paste into the main body of the email. That way what ever machine they're using they can read it.

As for BBC, scriptsmart shows respect, but I know succesful writers who never use it.

I know they read ScriptSmart word documents, so that is fairly safe. It'll only be the material they reject then!

Dan

Quote: sootyj @ April 15 2008, 12:04 PM BST

You might as well send a photo of your bum.

You know, with an arse like mine, you might be right! :D

Anyone going to the recording of this tonight?