Anyone watch (the) football?

What a cracking match, awesome stuff.

Good to see Theo Walcott doing the business, hopefully he'll be in the Arsenal side next year, and then England.

Torres is probably the best striker in the Prem - worth every penny of 26 million quid.

Anyone?

Anyone . . .?

Yeah, I watched. Really sorry for Walcott that his bit of brilliance (and it was genuinely brilliant) was turned over so quickly with the dodgy pen.

I'm neutral, but I love football, and the wrong side won. Basically, two contentious penalties settled it over the two legs.

But being neutral, it meant I enjoyed the match more than I could have done - squeaky bum time for Arsenal and Liverpool fans I think.

great game.
having got rid of sky i savour any matches that come along on terrestrial. that was a cracker.
great run by walcott. reminiscent of maradona against england.

Quote: Badge @ April 8 2008, 9:59 PM BST

Yeah, I watched. Really sorry for Walcott that his bit of brilliance (and it was genuinely brilliant) was turned over so quickly with the dodgy pen.

I'm neutral, but I love football, and the wrong side won. Basically, two contentious penalties settled it over the two legs.

But being neutral, it meant I enjoyed the match more than I could have done - squeaky bum time for Arsenal and Liverpool fans I think.

I am kind of a Liverpool fan (less so in recent years) but yeah I was getting a bit fidgetty.

Great game though, even if Liverpool had lost I'd have enjoyed it.

Lets hope Theo is a regular for England, he's shown glimpses of being really special. And I REALLY want Wenger to win a Euro cup - his brand of football deserves it.

C'mon the reds! Yeeeeeees!

BTW, funny own goals: http://www.zootoday.com/lateststuff/archive/2008/04/07/top-10-own-goals.htm

The top 4 are sitcoms in their own right. :)

Do you mean the important game

Chelsea

Quote: Seefacts @ April 8 2008, 9:56 PM BST

What a cracking match, awesome stuff.

Good to see Theo Walcott doing the business, hopefully he'll be in the Arsenal side next year, and then England.

Hopefully he'll be in the Arsenal team because they need somebody ...

butnot England. Are we that desperate?

Quote: Tuumble @ April 8 2008, 10:22 PM BST

C'mon the reds! Yeeeeeees!

BTW, funny own goals: http://www.zootoday.com/lateststuff/archive/2008/04/07/top-10-own-goals.htm

The top 4 are sitcoms in their own right. :)

I hate all red teams!

Quote: David Chapman @ April 8 2008, 10:45 PM BST

I hate all red teams!

You hate Man Utd? . . . Or Newton Heath as they were known in your day.

I bet you long for the days of the Royal Engineers winning the Fa Cup, don't you?

Ho ho ho.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 8 2008, 10:50 PM BST

You hate Man Utd? . . . Or Newton Heath as they were known in your day.

I bet you long for the days of the Royal Engineers winning the Fa Cup, don't you?

Ho ho ho.

Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Barnsley (!) - the lot of them.

And I'm not really bitter because my local team got relegated last week.

Wenger needs an honourary knighthood.
Arsenal are a joy to watch, especially when they're in full flow.
It's just one swift wave after another of pure football. Do I sound sexually aroused? That's cos I am, and I'm not even an Arsenal supporter!

He could get a real one. Just as a foreigner, he wouldn't be entitled to use the 'Sir' title, just like Geldof et. al. He'd be Mr Wenger, KBE. If I remember rightly.

Speaking of the Beautiful Game, what's the deal with the F.A. Cup Semi Finals being played at Wembley?! It's ridiculous! Wembley should be for Finals only.

Quote: Paul Carroll @ April 9 2008, 12:12 AM BST

Just got home from Anfield. What a great game. Bring on Chelsea and then United in the final. Were all going to Moscow!!!! Na na na na!!

You lucky scouse git! Seriously though, Liverpool play the first leg against Chelsea at Anfield which may not suit them but the possibility of playing Man Ure in the final is awesome. Bragging rights for a long, long time whoever wins that one.

Quote: ian_w @ April 9 2008, 12:03 AM BST

Wenger needs an honourary knighthood.
Arsenal are a joy to watch, especially when they're in full flow.
It's just one swift wave after another of pure football. Do I sound sexually aroused? That's cos I am, and I'm not even an Arsenal supporter!

Why should he get a knighthood? All they've won in the last 5 years is one FA Cup. That is an awful record.

Quote: Badge @ April 8 2008, 9:59 PM BST

Not that brilliant, he didn't have to beat anyone, ran too fast for Aurelio to bring him down, then in a straight line and crossed it...brilliant... But because he's young, fast and English, the commentators creamed all over him "ooh what a super sub, Arsenal just need to get the ball to Walcott". Whatever. What about Ryan Babel who's run (where he had to actually beat a player) won the penalty? And then who's fast run in a straight line (like Walcotts) led to a goal. Nope, the commentators won't mention that at all.

Quote: catskillz @ April 9 2008, 1:16 AM BST

Speaking of the Beautiful Game, what's the deal with the F.A. Cup Semi Finals being played at Wembley?! It's ridiculous! Wembley should be for Finals only.

They always used to be held there in the early 90's....remember Gazza's screamer of a free kick for the yids, genius. I agree with what you're saying though, but since football is all about money, it makes sense to hold them there.

I think Wenger must blame the ref after EVERY match. It's a bit of a farce now.

Yesterday, didn't he promise he was going to get the double?? Haha.