I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,746

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th February 2024, 2:03 PM

Blimey....

The wolves in Chernobyl Exclusion Zone (CEZ) were exposed to 11.28 millirem of radiation daily - more than six times the legal safety limit for humans. The wolves living in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone (CEZ) have altered immune systems and developed the ability to fight cancer, a new study has found

And so begins the campaign for Chernobyl Wolf Blood being pushed by the YouTube medical experts as cancer treatment, haha.

Just imagine

A huge silver lining from that dreadful disaster

Decades later it was instrumental in finally developing a cure for cancer

We can dream...

Your daily reminder that if Jeremy Corbyn had won the last general election , this country would now be a total mess

The NHS would be on its knees, everybody would be out on strike, public transport would be an exorbitant joke, the prisons would be full up, Brexit would a disaster, the economy would be screwed, energy supplies would cost consumers a fortune , schools would be crumbling to bits, nobody would be able to get a dental appointment and the water ways would be stinking with human shit

Phew

Bullet dodged

Hmmm Cherry picked news apparently,

I see no mention anywhere here that the Head of the Labour Party has done a complete U turn.

Quote: billwill @ 10th February 2024, 12:29 AM

Hmmm Cherry picked news apparently,

I see no mention anywhere here that the Head of the Labour Party has done a complete U turn.

Until now....You have just done so!
That's how it works.

Labour does U Turn on green spending pledge. Will this be the first of many as we find out Starmer's been having us on? Is Rachel Reeves running the party, as it seems to be her making all the decisions? And will Lofthouse be listing all Labour's faults once they get in?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th February 2024, 8:22 AM

Labour does U Turn on green spending pledge. Will this be the first of many as we find out Starmer's been having us on? Is Rachel Reeves running the party, as it seems to be her making all the decisions?

Morning.

It is disappointing. Labour should still stick to a green agenda but probably shouldn't have committed to a precise figure on it.
They still seem a lot more serious about the environment than Sunak's bunch of clowns are.
I don't think Starmer is "having us on" or that Rachel Reeves is making all the decisions (imagine! A woman chancellor making decisions! The horror!)

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th February 2024, 11:58 PM

Your daily reminder that if Jeremy Corbyn had won the last general election , this country would now be a total mess

The NHS would be on its knees, everybody would be out on strike, public transport would be an exorbitant joke, the prisons would be full up, Brexit would a disaster, the economy would be screwed, energy supplies would cost consumers a fortune , schools would be crumbling to bits, nobody would be able to get a dental appointment and the water ways would be stinking with human shit

I don't remember anyone saying all that, infact it's demonstrably not true except for the economy being screwed. With him in charge it was far more likely the prisons would be empty, public transport would be free, energy supplies would be cheaper, no one would be on strike because he'd have given them all they demanded, the NHS would probably be in some sort of recovery, and the water industry would be renationalised, also leading to an expensive recovery programme tax payers would be paying for.

You're simply projecting your own fantasies as fact when the opposite was infact fact.

The point is that the Tories demonised Corbyn and dragged his name through the shit more than any other opponent in history

He was Stalin, Hitler, the Devil and the Anti Christ all in one

Even now , Sunak brings him up at PMQ's virtually on a weekly basis - berating Starmer for even daring to have spent time in this same room as him

So the country selected Boris instead

Are we living in Nirvana as a reward?

No, each and every aspect of society in this country is completely and utterly shagged

They've ruined everything

Just a daily reminder!

They will now try the same on Starmer...

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th February 2024, 8:22 AM

Labour does U Turn on green spending pledge. Will this be the first of many as we find out Starmer's been having us on??

U turns in government are what actually matters...

Here's a few things the Tories performed u turns on...

Windfall tax
Banning junk food special offers
Foie gras and trophy hunting
Capping MP's pay on second jobs
HS2 (For the North)
LGBT conversion therapy
Banning mobile phones in schools
National insurance rise
Foreign aid
Free school meals
Sunday opening hours
Scrapping the 45p rate of tax
A levels algorithm
'Dementia tax'
2019 promise of no tax rises
House building targets
£10 fines for missed NHS appointments
Allowing more onshore wind farms
Net zero

I could go on and on and on

Corbyn's history. He had good points and bad points. But he's gone now. Let's move on.
The present government is abysmal. Brexit has seriously damaged the UK. Sunak is weak. Starmer is strong. We're all doing much worse than we were in 2010. The Tories are a mess. Labour is in much better shape.
Let's focus on that!

I think it no coincidence that some of these financial row-backs came after the beginning of "Access talks" where the Opposition, prior to an election, can start preparing for office by meeting with civil servants.
This time around Sunak delayed for as long as possible before giving permission.
The fact of the matter is that it's a finacial mess- the depth of which Starmer & Co. will now be aware.

That suggests the Tory's are aware their actions continue to sabotage our economy. The damage is now hardwired, so 5 years won't be long enough to evidence a recovery. Is that the Tory's current gamble ? Blame the continuing financial issues on Labour, by making our financial situation as unrecoverable as possible ? How selfish.

Quote: Firkin @ 10th February 2024, 3:23 PM

That suggests the Tory's are aware their actions continue to sabotage our economy. The damage is now hardwired, so 5 years won't be long enough to evidence a recovery. Is that the Tory's current gamble ? Blame the continuing financial issues on Labour, by making our financial situation as unrecoverable as possible ? How selfish.

100%.

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th February 2024, 2:00 PM

I think it no coincidence that some of these financial row-backs came after the beginning of "Access talks" where the Opposition, prior to an election, can start preparing for office by meeting with civil servants.

100%

Labour get accused of being reckless with the country's money

They've obviously now seen the state of the coffers and have had no choice but to make big changes to this policy

But of course the tories will spin it as a u-turn , rather than being sensible

I thought these people didn't give a f**k about green issues anyway??

They should be glad!