I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,743

Happy Brexit Day everybody!

"21 million extra customs declarations, double the number of tax declarations, on a system that hasn't even been built yet. It is mad, it is chaos, and it should be stopped."

Tory: "This is just a rejoin argument

The Govt. should tax sour grapes, we'll be the world's biggest economy overnight.

I reckon gullible fools might bring in a bit more.

Liars can't stop lying

Britain's top business minister Kemi Badenoch stands accused of misleading parliament over an upcoming cliff edge set to clobber car exports to Canada.

The trade and business secretary told MPs on Monday there are "ongoing" negotiations with Canada to resolve looming tariffs threatening British vehicle exports despite trade talks between the two countries being put on ice.

But Canadian officials say that isn't so. Badenoch paused the trade negotiations last Thursday and "there has been no discussion separately on rules of origin," said a senior official at Global Affairs Canada, which manages the country's global relations. There's "nothing in the hopper for the future," added the official.

Tens of millions of pounds in British automotive exports are on the line after talks between London and Ottawa for a new trade deal collapsed last Thursday when Badenoch walked away from the negotiating table

British car manufacturers' right to use EU parts in their vehicle exports - known as cumulation - hangs in the balance. Canada is a top 10 destination for British cars with exports worth £745.8 million (€874 million) annually.

In two months, British carmakers will lose that privilege unless the two sides agree to extend the current rules under the U.K.-Canada trade deal rolled over after Brexit in 2021.

If Badenoch can't secure a deal by April 1, automakers face tens of millions of pounds in tariffs since their supply chain is embedded in the EU automotive industry"

Yay brexit yayyyy woohoo

F**kin ell....

Maybe she should spend less time whatsapping her mates on " Evil plotters"

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st February 2024, 8:40 AM

The Govt. should tax sour grapes, we'll be the world's biggest economy overnight.

The economy is much weaker and Britain's standing in the world has been permanently diminished. I'm not sure "sour grapes" is really the right phrase here!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st February 2024, 8:40 AM

Good idea, Kipper! And judging from your bitter and resentful views on modern comedy and why it's commissioned we'd make millions from you alone. ;)

Keep shooting any dissenting heads that pop up. You all make it a nice place.

He came on and said we all had sour grapes

Can we defend ourselves?

Thanks!

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st February 2024, 3:24 PM

He came on and said we all had sour grapes

Can we defend ourselves?

Surely you've learnt the rules only apply one way.

Countdown to Christmas!
Only 327 days to go!

More sour grapes 🍇

IPSOS poll this week

13% (THIRTEEN) of Britons consider Brexit more of a success than a failure.

57% consider it more a failure than a success

When is this country going to stop pissing about and round up all these f**king XL dogs and destroy every last one of them?

How many more children, grandmothers, men , women have to be savaged to death before something is done ffs

Never mind all this registration and muzzle bullshit

You can't trust some of the thick bastards who own these creatures to make sure they are securely locked away

The prick that's been arrested today should be banged up for manslaughter

I'm in no rush to see any dogs destroyed. I'd personally rather they destroyed the owners, since it's their fault anyway for the majority of these dog attacks.

Look at this utter prick

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1863081/essex-xl-bully-dog-attack-owner-pictured

And he had eight of these vile things in his house