I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,738

I find it best not to frequent threads that are of no interest to me.

This thread is practically the only one left in General that gets any replies these days...

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st January 2024, 12:33 PM

it's "I read the news, not "let me constantly air my grievances about the Tories.
And woe betide anyone has a different but opposing view.

3000 workers losing their jobs was news that day

Not that someone like you gives a toss

You were too busy prattling on about how climate change is all this big lie again, in your tin foil hat

And woe betide anyone has a different but opposing view.

Your opposing view to mine on that subject was that I had no 'acumen' - nothing about the subject itself , just personal remarks about me

Basically implying that I'm not intelligent

Hypocrisy

Your implications are your own affair.
A company losing 1 million pounds a day has to modernise and economise, otherwise, they all lose their jobs.
Saving jobs but losing some.
Common business sense.
Your post was to highlight an 8 year old tweet.

Killing off yet more British manufacturing industry and throwing more British jobs on the scrap heap?

Mking Britain more reliiant on foreign steel imports?

The government and right wing media are using net zero hysteria as an excuse- its bullshit

Tata's operations elsewhere in the EU are not being affected in this way - how odd

Once again its Brexit and the Tory party destroying UK manufacturing industry- cos they DONT CARE

Vote Brexit! Vote leave to SAVE BRITISH STEEL!

People like you just won't admit you were WRONG WRONG WRONG and you fell for their lying bullshit

God it's so pathetic how woke football is becoming now, it's getting so you can't even turn up at the footy and called black players the N word anymore (is what some gormless f**k nuts will no doubt say)

" Fifa president Gianni Infantino has called for the implementation of an automatic forfeit of games for teams whose fans commit racist abuse.
It follows incidents which he described as "totally abhorrent" at Udinese and Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
AC Milan's win at Udinese was briefly suspended after alleged racist abuse from home fans towards Milan goalkeeper Mike Maignan.
Coventry's Kasey Palmer said he received similar abuse at Hillsborough."

About f**king time too

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st January 2024, 9:27 PM

God it's so pathetic how woke football is becoming now, it's getting so you can't even turn up at the footy and called black players the N word anymore (is what some gormless f**k nuts will no doubt say)"

Inventing situations that match your hoped-for situations is rather pathetic.

More personal attacks

Thanks

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd January 2024, 10:26 AM

More personal attacks

Don't let them grind you down, Lofty.

The whole country is just going to shit under these clowns

"Schools in urgent need of repair have told Panorama they are struggling to keep children warm in buildings that are "not fit for purpose".
At one primary in Devon, temperatures are so low that children keep gloves and coats on during some lessons.
The head teacher says despite parts of the school being seemingly impossible to heat, he has been told it does not qualify for extra money for repairs.
The Department for Education (DfE) says pupil and staff safety is "paramount".
According to the government's own figures, the average primary in England needs £300,000 worth of maintenance or upgrades, while the average secondary school needs an estimated £1.5m."

They couldn't give a toss

Like I said: Stand as an MP, if you get in, the House might actually listen to your rambles.

I doubt that anyone here in this little corner of the internet has any influence on Government actions, so you are wasting your time here.

Someone explain to Bill what a Representative Democracy is.

Is it one where you become an MP , but then refuse the take part in an extremely important parliamentary vote because people point and laugh at you??

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd January 2024, 10:26 AM

More personal attacks

Thanks

Weren't you contacted by the admin for continuously calling me a C***?