I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,733

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th January 2024, 2:12 PM

Oh look who's all coming out of the woodwork again to tell me I'm wrong.

Well if things are as hellish as you claim , I assume you won't be voting for this current government in the GE ?

Its them and their policies that have presided over this terrible situation?

So you will be voting Reform? LibDems? Labour?

Surely if its as bad as you are claiming, under a Conservative government- you would have to be pretty f**king stupid to vote for another 5 years of the same ?

Another Tory minister jumps the sinking ship in protest at Sunaks u-turn over net zero

Bi election time again!

aShocking stuff. Left for his principles rather than, like some, suspended.
Nick Brown
Diane Abbott
Geraint Davies
Bambos Charalambous
Rosena Allin-Khan
Andy McDonald
Imran Hussain

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th January 2024, 3:12 PM

Well if things are as hellish as you claim , I assume you won't be voting for this current government in the GE ?

Its them and their policies that have presided over this terrible situation?

So you will be voting Reform? LibDems? Labour?

Surely if its as bad as you are claiming, under a Conservative government- you would have to be pretty f**king stupid to vote for another 5 years of the same ?

.....?

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th January 2024, 11:22 AM

.....?

I'll take your silence as you agreeing

👍

Quote: lofthouse @ 3rd January 2024, 10:13 PM

New year, same old Tory lies

Not managed to successfully complete one of your pledges to the country? No problems, just lie through your f**king teeth and hope nobody notices

"Rishi Sunak's claim that ministers have "cleared" the asylum backlog is being investigated by the official statistics watchdog after allegations it is a "barefaced lie".

The UK Statistics Authority is looking into the Government's announcement that it has cleared a "legacy" backlog of applications, after figures showed more than 4,500 of these are still waiting an initial decision.

Nearly 100,000 asylum seekers are still waiting for an initial decision despite Tory brags of clearing the backlog. Latest Home Office figures show the UK's backlog stood at a massive 98,599 at the end of 2023 - 16 times higher than when the Conservatives took power and up from 91,076 in November.

Home Secretary James Cleverly also faces uncomfortable questions about more than 17,000 people who vanished after withdrawing their applications. He was also forced to admit that officials don't know where people who withdraw applications go - but vowed to "go looking for them"

Oh man, those stats are a real eye-opener. Sounds like there's a huge disconnect between what's being promised and what's actually going down. Asylum issues are no joke, and it's wild to see such big talk but little action. Fingers crossed this investigation kicks some action into gear because it's high time for more than just fancy words.

The tories have chosen the candidate for the by election taking place in Peter Bone's seat - his girlfriend!

It's not April 1st is it??!

Hysterical 🤣

Joey Barton V the UK.

He doesn't like women commentators, commentating on men's football.
In some cases, he has a point.
'you've got to score goals if you want to win the match' and 'if it's not on target, it's not going in
There are some great women football pundits - but there are also some useless ones.

He should stick to stubbing out cigars in people's eyes and beating people up

Absolute prick

Joey Barton is entitled to his opinions, but he comes across as quite aggressive and unpleasant.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th January 2024, 8:38 AM

There are some great women football pundits - but there are also some useless ones.

Just like the male ones then!

He comes across as an absolute sociopath, either that or he's having a public breakdown.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th January 2024, 8:38 AM

Joey Barton V the UK.

He doesn't like women....

I think that's all we need to know.

The guy repeatedly kicked his wife's head (as well as the other assaults of team mates, youth players, opposition and opposition managers, someone at a night club).

The fact this guy is being given so much publicity Oxygen and the amount of people slavishly agreeing with him is bonkers.

Your daily reminder that scumbags on the right will make up any old shit and tell barefaced lies to discredit Starmer. Thats how desperate they are getting now

"Farage went on X, formerly Twitter, to post his thoughts on the scandal, writing: "Why did

@Keir_Starmer not intervene in the Horizon scandal when he was Director of Public Prosecutions?

"The story first broke in 2009, yet the prosecutions continued until 2015.

"Given the mounting concern at the time and over 700 cases, he has serious questions to answer."

Nazir Afzal, former chief prosecutor, quoted Farage and wrote: "Because the Post Office prosecute their own cases and the CPS that Starmer led had no say or power over it

But then you know that ..."

X also added a community note to Farage's post, adding: "Royal Mail Horizon prosecutions were private criminal prosecutions.

"This is not uncommon in England. Organisations like the RSPCA regularly bring private criminal prosecutions.

"The Crown Prosecution Service (and Director of Public Prosecutions) are not involved in these."

Stick to your shitty 'news' show and making a prat of yourself on moronic guff like I'm a celeb

Save the politics for the grown ups

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th January 2024, 11:08 AM

I think that's all we need to know.

Joey Barton's got multiple assault charges, knocking several people unconscious and stubbing a cigar into someone's eye. Plus 3 charges of violence from the FA. And his brother is doing life for a racially motivated killing. Yet it's his tweets folk complain about ? He should compensate the NHS for the millions he's cost them.