Status report Page 6,180

I remember when I was on holiday in Sicilly and we went up to Mount Etna. I was surprised at the number of Ladybirds we saw there.

Have I mentioned this before and has anyone else had the following email supposedly from Microsoft.
Account Suspension Alert.
We informed you that your E-mail account will be suspended because you have been ignoring all our update messages to you.
Then "Click here to verify".
I don't think it's genuine.
What does anyone else think?

It's bollocks

Delete

I've been getting the update ones but not had the cancellation one. Just junked them.

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th December 2023, 10:53 AM

Autocorrect that I couldn't be bothered to amend

Life's too short

I'm sure you could have found the word "ladybirds" written on-line somewhere. Then you could have cut and paste it.

Teddy is currently eating a mince pie in a very calm manner.

You know it makes sense.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th December 2023, 9:53 AM

I'm sure you could have found the word "ladybirds" written on-line somewhere. Then you could have cut and paste it.

That's too easy - lofty likes to suffer for his art

Quote: Chappers @ 12th December 2023, 9:46 AM

Have I mentioned this before and has anyone else had the following email supposedly from Microsoft.
Account Suspension Alert.
We informed you that your E-mail account will be suspended because you have been ignoring all our update messages to you.
Then "Click here to verify".
I don't think it's genuine.
What does anyone else think?

Mark as spam. You could check the email headers or traceroute to the senders' mail server IP but there's no need with that type of spam. Microsoft wouldn't accuse millions of account holders of 'ignoring' them and would word it very differently.

You can generally tell when an email is from scammers , because the thick c**ts can't even spell correctly

I had one the other day from 'Spootify'

Dickheads ...

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th December 2023, 7:36 PM

You can generally tell when an email is from scammers , because the thick c**ts can't even spell correctly

Dickheads ...

I know what you mean but I checked it thoroughly. Also sometimes the definition of the text is a bit fuzzy but not this time.

Anyway I've taken all the advice to confirm my suspicions.

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th December 2023, 7:36 PM

Dickheads ...

:D What's worrying though is that some will keep doing it and get better at it until eventually it's more sophisticated and more likely to fool large groups of people. To the most determined it's a vocation and requires nurturing and patience to break out in to the big leagues.

Some people say they are deliberately badly done

They know they can't scam an intelligent, savvy person

But if someone is still silly enough to click on one when quite clearly the spelling is a mess and it looks iffy - bingo!

We've found our target

Apart from a lot of celebs around my age group dying recently, I have now heard of three people in my personal life (two husbands of my wife's friends and my wife's brother-in-law) who were around the same age as me popping their clogs, which is a bit of a jolt, and one cannot but help think of my own mortality. 😥

Still, looking on the bright side of life, I can think of at least two people on this forum who will be glad to see the back of me. 😁