Status report Page 6,177

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th November 2023, 9:21 PM

I bought 3 Caramac bars the other week

That was the kiss of death...

🍫

My weakness is Toffeefee and I recently discovered the white chocolate version. It's nice but a bit sickly sweet compared to the original Toffeefee. I love Caramac and sad to see it go but I didn't buy it often as it was expensive compared by weight to other confectionary. I used to love Dime bars but my teeth couldn't manage it these days. I buy a pack of 5 Fudge bars or Curly Wurly and none of them survive through the night. Caramac used to be wrapped in foil which made it a popular choice along with Kit-Kat for people making bongs after a night out and stopping at the 24 hour garage. More chocolate bars should be wrapped in foil there's an almost magical excitement when peeling back foil from chocolate and a brief moment where I might find a Wonka golden ticket.

My fave at the mo are Lion bars with chocolate brownie filling

🤤🤤🤤

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th November 2023, 9:21 PM

I bought 3 Caramac bars the other week

That was the kiss of death...

🍫

I really liked them but I haven't bought ant for ages, mainly because I don't see them when I go into a shop.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 10th November 2023, 10:11 PM

My weakness is Toffeefee and I recently discovered the white chocolate version. It's nice but a bit sickly sweet compared to the original Toffeefee. I love Caramac and sad to see it go but I didn't buy it often as it was expensive compared by weight to other confectionary. I used to love Dime bars but my teeth couldn't manage it these days. I buy a pack of 5 Fudge bars or Curly Wurly and none of them survive through the night. Caramac used to be wrapped in foil which made it a popular choice along with Kit-Kat for people making bongs after a night out and stopping at the 24 hour garage. More chocolate bars should be wrapped in foil there's an almost magical excitement when peeling back foil from chocolate and a brief moment where I might find a Wonka golden ticket.

Yes, miss running me nail along the Kit Kat foil - very rewarding, then you had a lovely finger.

In further news.......................

Tunnock's Tea cakes, £1.60 for 10 at Lidl. Keep 'em in the fridge. Very satisfying crunch when you nibble the chocolate shell off first :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th November 2023, 12:12 AM

Yes, miss running me nail along the Kit Kat foil - very rewarding, then you had a lovely finger.

I don't want to know that.

Quote: fasty @ 11th November 2023, 3:55 AM

Tunnock's Tea cakes, £1.60 for 10 at Lidl. Keep 'em in the fridge. Very satisfying crunch when you nibble the chocolate shell off first :)

Umm, there's so many ways you can tackle one of them 😋

Just went to my local shop and bought a couple of bars of Caramac. Not quite as good as they were.

Cadburys Caramilk is far nicer

Quote: lofthouse @ 11th November 2023, 11:06 AM

Cadburys Caramilk is far nicer

I've heard they do one but I've never seen it.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th November 2023, 10:55 AM

Just went to my local shop and bought a couple of bars of Caramac. Not quite as good as they were.

Well I'm glad two of the last Caramacs on the planet were wasted on someone who didn't even enjoy them. I bet you threw one in the bin as well didn't you, you monster.

Quote: zooo @ 11th November 2023, 3:04 PM

Well I'm glad two of the last Caramacs on the planet were wasted on someone who didn't even enjoy them. I bet you threw one in the bin as well didn't you, you monster.

I've still got the second one and my shopkeeper aims to sell the rest on eBay.

I managed to recover an old email account that I have not used for 20 years.
A @btconnect email.
I left BT for Virgin at that time - they have never wiped that account and I have not paid a penny since then
I was looking for an old address.

I noticed that a company called Richer Sounds have faithfully sent me an email every week since 2003 with their latest deals.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th November 2023, 2:14 PM

I managed to recover an old email account that I have not used for 20 years.
A @btconnect email.
I left BT for Virgin at that time - they have never wiped that account and I have not paid a penny since then
I was looking for an old address.

I noticed that a company called Richer Sounds have faithfully sent me an email every week since 2003 with their latest deals.

They do like to keep in touch I know. I mean I bought a brand new stereo system from them about 18 months ago. Do they really think it's time I bought a new one?

In 3 weeks time Google will be deleting all GMail accounts that haven't been active for 2 years