Status report Page 6,178

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th November 2023, 2:14 PM

I managed to recover an old email account that I have not used for 20 years.
A @btconnect email.
I left BT for Virgin at that time - they have never wiped that account and I have not paid a penny since then
I was looking for an old address.

I noticed that a company called Richer Sounds have faithfully sent me an email every week since 2003 with their latest deals.

Sounds like a similar setup to AOL and the mailbox is separate to the billed subscription. My dad paid them for dialup internet connection on a BT line around 2001 and the whole family had individual AOL usernames to log in with which included our own mailbox. Dad moved away from AOL a few years later and has never returned for paid services but the mailboxes are still active and he still uses his.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st October 2023, 3:23 PM

Has anyone had or been offered a shingles jab? I've seen a bit about it on the news, but there doesn't seem to be the urgency as there is with flu or covid.

I had mine today. Very sharp. Much sharper than the other jabs I've had. But only for five seconds or so. Got to have a second dose in six months' time.

But, having said that, in the course of searching for posts containing the word "shingles" so I could respond to your question above, I came across this post from you in November last year. Have you not therefore already had one? Was it that memorable an experience that you've forgotten?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th November 2022, 3:20 PM

Had a shingles jab this morning "Yes, it's a one off for the over 70s we've done for a number of years"- I see, well I'm well over 70 and had never had it offered before.

So, I wonder if that is the full set now - in the last two months, Covid, Flu and now Shingles.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th November 2023, 7:32 PM

I had mine today. Very sharp. Much sharper than the other jabs I've had. But only for five seconds or so. Got to have a second dose in six months' time.

But, having said that, in the course of searching for posts containing the word "shingles" so I could respond to your question above, I came across this post from you in November last year. Have you not therefore already had one? Was it that memorable an experience that you've forgotten?

He's going senile. Can he get a jab for that?

As Popeye would say "How embarrasking" - you know, I have absolutely no recollection of that post or of having had the jab, so thank you for that, as it now saves me from worrying. 🙂

Quote: Chappers @ 16th November 2023, 8:30 PM

He's going senile. Can he get a jab for that?

OK, Mr Memory Man, I'm still waiting for a reply to my PM in reply to your PM Wednesday lunchtime 😉

Sorry. I didn't know an answer was expected.

I had my shingles jab today. Very sharp. Much sharper than the other jabs I've had. But only for five seconds or so. Got to have a second dose in six months' time.

Disturbed sleep last night with a very sore arm, Still sore all today.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th November 2023, 5:48 PM

Sorry. I didn't know an answer was expected.

I say, dash it all old boy - social etiquette and all that, what? 🧐

Yesterday I watched a Peregrine falcon soaring above me.
I've never seen one before and I was fascinated by its flying technique.

It was looking for prey, swooping and diving then, like a jet at an airshow, if flew vertical and then dived down at great speed out of sight.

I looked it up when I got home. incredibly, it's the fastest bird in the world doing 240mph during it's dive.

I expect it thought that hat you are wearing was prey

Peregrines nest annually on a ledge set up for them on Derby Cathedral and there's a web-cam set up so you can watch them. It's in the city centre so there's a lot of food available to them.

One summer we were doing some maintenance in the main Derby sub-station just across the road when there was an almighty noise as a load of pigeons took off from the grassed area outside, and I looked up just in time to see one taken 'on the wing' by one of the falcons. Nature in action on your doorstep :O

https://derbyperegrines.blogspot.com/p/our-webcams.html

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd November 2023, 9:25 AM

Maybe it just found him attractive? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUI5PBKNmNI

Quote: fasty @ 22nd November 2023, 12:35 PM

Maybe it just found him attractive? ;)

Well there's that, and let's face it, Stephen is some hunk of a man - women speak of him in hushed tones as walks to the pub with his whippets.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd November 2023, 9:25 AM

I was on my way to church to pray - so you were nearly right.

I walked past a pub this morning at the crack of bollocks wi mi dog.
It closed down 9 months ago and now that the grass and bushes are dying back, about 30 pint glasses were revealed.
Drinkers must have discarded them sat on the pub wall.

I bagged 2 beautiful Guinness glasses with gold lettering.
I'll have to buy some cans of draught Guinness today to christen them.

You go for it, my son and have one for me.....................oh no, wait a minute - I don't drink anymore. Oh well, you have a couple.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th November 2023, 9:14 AM

I walked past a pub this morning at the crack of bollocks wi mi dog.
It closed down 9 months ago and now that the grass and bushes are dying back, about 30 pint glasses were revealed.
Drinkers must have discarded them sat on the pub wall.

I bagged 2 beautiful Guinness glasses with gold lettering.
I'll have to buy some cans of draught Guinness today to christen them.

I'd wash them out with water first.