I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,447

Quote: Firkin @ 13th August 2022, 1:42 AM

Boris's windfall tax on Energy companies will be ineffectual, as they get a 90% reduction if they re-invest the profits. North Sea gas provides half our supply, so it would be administratively cheaper to cap that cost, rather than do the council tax refund to 28 million households. We need a Churchill or Clement Attlee right now.

I remember when people complained about the millions being invested in North Sea gas, and how it was going to make cheap energy for us all one day - I see we're still waiting - the f**king liars. £1500, then £3000 next year £4000. How on earth they think people are going to survive, on top of everything else, is beyond me.

Speaking of f**king bliars as we were, the obscene NHS dental situation was instigated by shit face Blair in 2006. I expect him and his lying, cheating wife enjoy the best of dental care, paid for from their ill-gotten gains. Bastards

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th August 2022, 11:11 AM

Tories privatise energy - end result = total bollocks

Tories privatise the railways- end result = total bollocks

Tories privatise the Royal Mail - end result = we shall see , but expect 1st class stamps that cost a fiver and your mail to take weeks to arrive, if at all

These dickheads never learn

Quote: DaButt @ 12th August 2022, 6:48 PM

Someone stabbed author Salman Rushdie onstage in New York. I wonder what the motive could be?

Amazingly after being stabbed 12 times it looks like he is gonna pull through

Sounds like some brave people in the audience came to his aid and may have saved him from much worse injuries

Salman Rushdie attacked. Some stupid fanatic said that J K Rowling would be next.

What exactly has she done wrong? She just said what 90% of the people think.

Just read about Jerry Sadowicz Edinburgh show has been cancelled. I don't really know the content but it's comedy. Why do some people go to these shows if they haven't got a sense of humour?

Quote: Chappers @ 14th August 2022, 8:44 PM

Salman Rushdie attacked. Some stupid fanatic said that J K Rowling would be next.

What exactly has she done wrong? She just said what 90% of the people think.

I think it was because she spoke in support of Rushdie.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th August 2022, 9:02 PM

Just read about Jerry Sadowicz Edinburgh show has been cancelled. I don't really know the content but it's comedy. Why do some people go to these shows if they haven't got a sense of humour?

Just read the article too.. Who/what does Jerry mean by "J** D*******", what's been asterisked out there? (from the quote below)

"I am not J** D******* folks... a lot of thought goes into my shows and while I don't always get it right, especially at the speed of which I speak... and I don't always agree with my own conclusions (!)...I am offended by those who, having never seen me before, HEAR words being shouted in the first five minutes before storming out without LISTENING to the material which I am stupid enough to believe is funny, sometimes important and worth saying."

https://www.comedy.co.uk/fringe/news/6974/jerry-sadowitz-cancelled/

Quote: a plate @ 15th August 2022, 2:38 AM

Just read the article too.. Who/what does Jerry mean by "J** D*******", what's been asterisked out there? (from the quote below)

"I am not J** D******* /

I'd like to know who J** D****** is too.

I've read what he said and did and his material is not for me.
But then, I wouldn't be going to see him. I have heard his ranting style comedy before and wouldn't pay to hear it again.
But surely, if you've travelled there and paid for a ticket - you know what to expect.

I enjoyed his cameo in The Shamen's "Ebeneezer Goode". Great track. ?

Quote: a plate @ 15th August 2022, 2:38 AM

Who/what does Jerry mean by "J** D*******", what's been asterisked out there?

Quote: alison blunderland @ 15th August 2022, 12:15 PM

Ah! Although why was it asterisked out?

And that face. Nobody does smug self satisfaction better than Jim Davidson.

Quote: chipolata @ 15th August 2022, 2:45 PM

Ah! Although why was it asterisked out?

It's certainly a swear word in our house.

But is getting your actual cock out on stage and showing it to the audience ok?
Not to mention calling Rishi Sunak a pa##
Don't think Jim has done that.