Tory leadership Page 15

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th July 2022, 10:36 PM

Well thank God someone has finally had the guts to say what we're basically all thinking

Thank you.

I would say more but I have an octopus which urgently needs rewaterings.

It's looking like Penny Mordaunt will be Britain's third woman prime minister.
I'd much prefer Truss to win from a party political point of view, but I think most Tories recognise she's a bit hopeless. Johnson was hopeless too, but was a vote-winner at least to start with. Truss isn't.
Mordaunt actually seems intelligent and a probable election winner. She leads Sunak easily amongst party members so should beat him at that stage.
I suspect Sunak is less popular partly because many Tory Party members are racist. But he is the weaker candidate anyway. He is tainted by his association with Johnson. His position also makes no sense. He keeps talking about reviving the economy when he's to a strong extent to blame for wrecking it and keeps praising Johnson when he should be taking credit for bringing down such a terrible hopeless PM.
So it will be Mordaunt. I'm sure she regrets doing that Dive programme now.
All the contenders are an improvement on Johnson. Although that's not saying much!

Truss is a terrible communicator. She's Theresa May II in that regard, although I do think there could be some momentum behind her. The hatred for Rishi amongst some Tories is a bit weird, considering how much they all loved him during the pandemic. Then again politics is a fickle beast.

Many Tory party members are racist?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th July 2022, 7:02 AM

Many Tory party members are racist?

I agree that's a bang out of order statement. Its not most of them its all of them.

The kind caring left eh.
You are probably being flippant, hard to tell with the written word but you have said it.
It gives me unexpected pleasure in knowing that your lot will never see power in my lifetime.
All you will have is constant bitter name calling.

I'm glad you'e happy , its a win win.

You think!

Looks like the headbangers are finally aligning behind Truss. Dedication to Margaret Thatcher cosplay has trumped Braverman's inimitable knowledge of the law and various other lawyerings and Badenoch's seminal manifesto '1001 hot takes on gender neutral bathrooms'.

They do seem obsessed with invoking the ghost of Thatcher, as if she's the only the Tory that any of them admire. Although I'm sure May did the same when she was elected, and look how that turned out.

Quote: chipolata @ 14th July 2022, 11:40 AM

Lol! That pretty much describes you most of the time, Goodlad! With big splash of moral supreriority. You're just the flip side of the coin of the people you dislike.

OK Mr fake name and avitar. I'll listen to you. Who are you, what's your name?
Thought not. Sniping from behind a shield.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th July 2022, 11:58 AM

OK Mr fake name and avitar. I'll listen to you. Who are you, what's your name?
Thought not. Sniping from behind a shield.

You realise that withoit two forms of photo ID and a hoisehold bill we have no way to know if 'Stephen Goodlad' is your real name or not?

Sunaks - 101 votes. Shame it wasn't Room 101. It's time for a real heterosexuals white man. My choice would be Vladimir Putins.

Or even a black heterosexuals woman.

Someone like Dusty Springfields would be good.

I'd settle for a human being

Not hopeful