Status report Page 6,100

In my paper today a wall chart to give advice on tricks to cut food waste.

Fair enough. Eggs, Citrus Fruits, Carrots, Cheese, Butter, Bacon, Ham etc.

And Tofu? Which normal person has Tofu in their house, let alone their fridge? I don't really know what it is let alone how to eat it.

Don't buy tofu.
Ever.
That's my advice.

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th June 2021, 5:02 PM

Don't buy tofu.
Ever.
That's my advice.

Isn't it supposed to be good for grouting?

You can buy tofu in cartons, like the cardboard ones with the foiled lining. Long shelf life, I think?

It's an interesting food product. I don't mind eating it but I don't think I'd choose to eat it over anything else. A lot of people make the mistake of eating it plain for the first time and then decide it's not for them, which is fair enough. But the idea of tofu is.l that it absorbs flavour. Whether or not this happens is up for debate, as I've only really ever found tofu to be flavourful on very few occasions. The majority of the time, it tastes like a cube of bland mass.

Quote: Lee @ 14th June 2021, 10:57 AM

I don't think I'd choose to eat it over anything else. .

Laughing out loud
As advertising slogans go, you have to admit, it needs some work.

I can already hear the jingle for it in my head. That's bland too.

TOFU.
When there's literally nothing else.

TOFU
If it was an an acronym we could probably make it something nice

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 16th June 2021, 12:51 AM

TOFU
If it was an an acronym we could probably make it something nice

Like a red flag to a bull..................

Tastes Of F**king Urine

Amazing! I've found a combination of fish and potato products that take the same time to cook at the same temperature!

Baked potato and a whole whale?

Quote: Chappers @ 18th June 2021, 7:02 PM

Amazing! I've found a combination of fish and potato products that take the same time to cook at the same temperature!

And? Been doing that with Friday night's fish and chips for nearly two years now. 2 x BE cod and tray of McCain chips - 25 minutes @ 150c in a fan oven - delish! And portion of mushy peas 2½ minutes at full power in MW. Sometimes B&B if really hungry. :)

Busy day today. I'm making a quart of yogurt, 10 pounds of boerewors, 12 pounds of bratwurst, and smoking 10 pounds of home-cured bacon. Slice, slice, mix, mix, grind, grind, stuff, stuff.

I sometimes think I'm heading for a mental breakdown.

What with looking after my disabled wife for 10 years now, my failing eyesight, breathlessness and general age-related health problems, things just gnaw at me - like Meldrew on steroids.

Being a so called "covid vulnerable" I have few people I can talk to, so this forum is all I have, but I think I need to give it a rest and do some serious thinking about my life, or maybe Aaron will give me the push.

A doctor speaks :
A daily dose of the BCG forum is essential for your well being.Taken with alcohol before,during or after meals.