I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,266

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th February 2021, 9:23 PM

You have to go at night. The Sun's no so hot and you can see Mars

Ahh, of course. You'd have to have a big torch though to see to light the blue paper. :(

Prescription prices going up...

Again

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th February 2021, 4:10 PM

Prescription prices going up...

Again

Yes, one of the few advantages of being old. Whistling nnocently

Somebody has to pay for all the people never paying a cent into the pot but reaping the benefits.

Should be free to all, IMHO.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th February 2021, 4:28 PM

Yes, one of the few advantages of being old. Whistling nnocently

:D

Quote: Lazzard @ 26th February 2021, 4:56 PM

Should be free to all, IMHO.

As long as you've paid your National Insurance. (and your family)

Quote: Chappers @ 26th February 2021, 5:51 PM

:D

As long as you've paid your National Insurance. (and your family)

Why?

Quote: Lazzard @ 26th February 2021, 6:37 PM

Why?

Because that's how it's paid for.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th February 2021, 7:37 PM

Because that's how it's paid for.

Mainly from general taxation actually

Are we really onto 'Free Medicine for the sick' I'm starting to think that far too many posters are coming on here for the BRITISH side of stuff rather the Comedy side, as its not even even being hidden in satire now its just f**king hate .
Thank god I'm a Scouser as nationalism doesn't effect me but fair play does,
Where's the attacks on the robbing tory twats fleecing the coffers during a pandemic? Wheres the stuff on American private health companies buying up a GP practice that has 500, 000 NHS patients etc etc.
I know that the BBC is looking for Right Wing comedians why it hasn't come on here recruiting is beyond me? is it because there is no humor in it only anger?

He said angrily...

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th February 2021, 4:53 PM

Somebody has to pay for all the people never paying a cent into the pot but reaping the benefits.

Hardly NEVER !
National insurance payments for about 50 years!!

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 27th February 2021, 9:04 AM

Are we really onto 'Free Medicine for the sick' I'm starting to think that far too many posters are coming on here for the BRITISH side of stuff rather the Comedy side, as its not even even being hidden in satire now its just f**king hate .

Hate is a bit strong. Besides this is a NEWS thread, or do we have to make sure that every post, irrespective of subject must contain humour. (By the way, there is a 'u' in humour)

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 27th February 2021, 9:04 AM

Where's the attacks on the robbing tory twats fleecing the coffers during a pandemic? Wheres the stuff on American private health companies buying up a GP practice that has 500, 000 NHS patients etc etc.

Where indeed? If You cannot find what you're looking for, why not write it yourself?

Whenever I criticised the government's strategy during the first lockdown, all I got was vitriol and abuse from yourself and one or two others on here.

In my experience as a self educated waif the reference to grammar is often the clearest indication that the content resonated regardless of its failings.
And no Herc you don't have to make sure of anything , although why you need have the urge to feel repressed is another entire kettle of fish.
I want to live in a society that offers free medical care for all, as I see that as being a prerequisite for being able to call that society civil.
I do not want a health service designed by banner headlines from right wing rags and implemented by American Hedge funders.
If however the NHS gave a full bill to anyone who has more than two grand in the bank or property that exceeds £20,000 in value which could then be sold by auction within 21 days to pay the bill. Oh and by the way this last bit was written so that I could imagine your face getting redder and redder.