The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 57

OK Dabutt,Don't be so mysterious.Tell us what you are on about.
If it's Trump related,I don't want to know.:)

I'm firmly in the 'things can only get better' camp - whilst keeping one eye on the new variant covid strains and fingers crossed that the vaccines are as effective as hoped, and being concerned that half the economy might be damaged beyond repair, leading to the mother of all recessions, added to the fracturing of society into those 'lambs' who are willing to blindly do as they are told by government, who would stand on one leg on their dining table with a colander on their heads and a potato masher stuck up their nose, if they are instructed to do so under tier 5 restrictions and those mainly youngsters' who bizarrely believe that Covid has been manufactured by the illuminati as a tool to reduce population figures and control us, whilst at the same time believing with equal conviction that covid does not exist at all - and i have lost my ability to use a full stop....

Is it RIP for our way of life?

Go on then DaButt, i am interested in your view of 2021? Should i be starting that survivalist web site i have been thinking about?

Quote: playfull @ 31st December 2020, 12:16 PM

Is it RIP for our way of life?

Go on then DaButt, i am interested in your view of 2021? Should i be starting that survivalist web site i have been thinking about?

Now furnishing the tunnel and cave I've dug out under the floorboards. Tinned Spam keeps well, I understand.

R.I.P. Tommy "more clubs than Jack Nicklaus" Docherty, age 92.

RIP Tommy.
I think it's safe to call him a "character".
I didn't realize he was that old.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st December 2020, 5:19 PM

R.I.P. Tommy "more clubs than Jack Nicklaus" Docherty, age 92.

Yes RIP. A great manager at Chelsea.

When it was said about having more clubs it was quite a different time. Nowadays they only last a couple of years before going somewhere else.

His major achievement as far as I'm concerned was getting Manure relegated.

RIP Pete Burns,
Well, that's that question answered

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st January 2021, 12:04 PM

RIP Pete Burns,
Well, that's that question answered

:)

I thought he died a couple of years ago.

Actually he'd probably melt.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st January 2021, 12:37 PM

:)

I thought he died a couple of years ago.

Actually he'd probably melt.

Just looked it up.
He did (died) - 2016!
I've been Fake News'd.
I feel a right 'nana.

He'd be spinning right round in his grave.

Gerry Marsden unfortunately won't be taking the ferry across the Mersey any more. :(

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd January 2021, 6:08 PM

Gerry Marsden unfortunately won't be taking the ferry across the Mersey any more. :(

Oh dear. RIP.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd January 2021, 6:08 PM

Very sad.
Had the pleasure of recording a track for a commercial with him and a load of other merseybeat singers.
Top man.

https://sefton.greenparty.org.uk/news/2019/06/19/the-river-mersey-is-more-polluted-than-the-worlds-biggest-pile-of-ocean-plastic/

RIP

Saw him when he was a support act (along with The Beatles!) on the Roy Orbison tour in 1963....................

.................but of course, by the time the tour was half way through, The Beatles were a far bigger act than the Big O.