The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 56

John le Carre
RIP

". Mob orators of the sort we have, the Boris Johnson sort, do not speak reason. When you get into that category, your task is to fire up the people with nostalgia, with anger. It's almost unbelievable that these people of the establishment - Farage, for instance - are speaking of betrayal: 'I'm betrayed by parliament, betrayed by government - I'm speaking to you as a betrayed person."JLC.

RIP GĂ©rard Houllier Former manager of Liverpool, Lyon, PSG and more. A very good manager.

Oh sad, I liked him.

RIP

Jeremy Bulloch RIP
Apparently of Star Wars fame.
Now if you had said Bob Cherry of Bunter I would have known him.

Quote: john tregorran @ 18th December 2020, 11:55 PM

Bob Cherry of Bunter

Oh no! Poor Bob. And he was only 124. That's no age. And so looking forward to leaving school :(

Rosalind Knight, age 87. The school inspector in Carry On Teacher, Beryl in Gimme Gimme Gimme, Mrs Creswell, owner of the Villa Bella, in OFAH's Jolly Boys' Outing. & Horrible Grandma in Friday Night Dinner. To name but four.

RIP Rosalind Knight of Carry On and Friday Night dinner fame.

Loved Rosalind Knight in Gimme Gimme Gimme and Carry On Films she was great. Also great in OFAH, Jolly Boys Outing, she will be missed,. RIP

Eileen Pollock.

Famous for playing Lilo Lill in Bread. Aged 73. Died on 19th December.

John Edrich, Surrey & England cricketer, aged 83.

RIP John.
I wonder how many times he was run out by Sir Geoffrey :)

Happened to watch the BBC 2020 We Remember this morning, and My God! it lasted half an hour - I'd forgotten how many people have died in the last year. They even ran little themes with the likes of Sean Connery, Diana Rigg and Honor Blackman appearing together in Bond films. :(

F OFF 2020. Angry

Quote: john tregorran @ 25th December 2020, 7:13 PM

RIP John.
I wonder how many times he was run out by Sir Geoffrey :)

Didn't Sir Geoffrey have a maiden over, knocked her for six ?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th December 2020, 10:25 AM

Happened to watch the BBC 2020 We Remember this morning, and My God! it lasted half an hour

You're still here Herc, that's the main thing and there's a vaccine, 2021 is bound to be better.:)

Quote: Firkin @ 29th December 2020, 10:58 AM

You're still here Herc, that's the main thing and there's a vaccine, 2021 is bound to be better.:)

Thank you, and yes I'm still waiting.........................for the jab that is, not that man with a big sickle. :(

immediately regrets post and GR mention

Quote: Firkin @ 29th December 2020, 10:58 AM

2021 is bound to be better.:)

I fully expect 2021 to be a worse year than 2020. Not speaking about Covid and I hope I'm wrong, but I think 2020 was just the warmup act.