Status report Page 6,050

We have LOTS of the real thing: Black Widows.

I have black windows in my photo dark-room.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th August 2019, 11:17 PM

I have black windows in my photo dark-room.

That's not really the sort of thing you should admit to.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 27th August 2019, 10:45 PM

I've been seeing a lot of False Widow spiders in my flat recently and worrying they are spiderlings. They are so small I have to take a photo of them with my camera so I can zoom in to identify the markings that confirms them as the Noble False Widow.

Got home from work tonight and by pure chance a large spider caught my eye in a dark corner on the stairs. I thought it was a normal house spider because it was so large but then saw the markings on it. A f**king massive False Widow. I've made a water, white vinegar and peppermint oil solution and sprayed everywhere. I'm dreading the thought of seeing one in my bedroom. I know they are no-where near as dangerous as the tabloids like to make out but I still don't like the idea of sharing my home with them.

Exterminate! Exterminate!

Quote: Chappers @ 28th August 2019, 12:10 AM

That's not really the sort of thing you should admit to.

Bet you'd love some of the prints though.

Nothing too crude.............I calls 'em "Tasteful Art Studies". 5 - 8x10s only half a knicker from me Bargain Bucket.

Spiders are one of the many creepy crawlies you have to learn to live with here.

And that is why I would never live there, (Ticks that can kill!! :O ) along with the heat. We're going through another hot period at the moment here and I hate it!

There was a spider in the bath at the weekend so big I could hear its footsteps. It was pretty scary stuff.

I was driving along the road earlier today, listening to Ken Bruce.

When I heard him introduce a song by "Cheryl Cole and James Taylor", I was so shocked I nearly drove the car off the road and into a field.

As a James Taylor fan of many decades standing, a number of thoughts immediately flooded through my mind - none of which was particularly flattering to Cheryl Cole, so let us just say I thought it an unlikely pairing.

However, as the song started, I decided it wasn't nearly as awful as I had been expecting and as it progressed I decided that it was actually quite decent.

Then, just as I was about to decide that I had perhaps been misjudging Ms Cole for all these years, the record came to an end and, as it faded, Ken said "That was Cheryl Crow and James Taylor".

I breathed a huge sigh of relief: perhaps there is a God of music after all? Laughing out loud

I have a oil on canvas painting that I won in a writing competition in 1978 that I had salted away in order to let its value increase.
Sadly it's by Rolf Harris and the subject matter is a tolpless Gary Glitter and Jimmy Saville laying top and tail on a Tiger skin rug.
I now fear that I should have sold it sooner as Tiger skin rugs are now frowned upon.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 29th August 2019, 8:14 PM

I have a oil on canvas painting that I won in a writing competition in 1978 that I had salted away in order to let its value increase.
Sadly it's by Rolf Harris and the subject matter is a tolpless Gary Glitter and Jimmy Saville laying top and tail on a Tiger skin rug.
I now fear that I should have sold it sooner as Tiger skin rugs are now frowned upon.

Oh, Christ!
Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

I expect there's a perv somewhere who'd pay you a fortune for it.

I stumbled upon this.I don't know if it's of any help?

http://www.kingofhits.co.uk/

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 29th August 2019, 8:14 PM

:D

My phone fell out of my pocket today while sitting on a bench in Stroud town centre and when I realised it was missing I went back to the bench to find an old man sitting with his dog but no phone. A woman came up to me and asked if I had lost anything and was holding my phone. She said she found it on the bench and was just about to hand it in at the police station which was only a few minutes walk away from there. I was so grateful I hugged her. That sums up what Stroud is like and I would move back there tomorrow if I could.

Aha.We lived in Wotton-under-Edge for a few years when I was a youngster.Used to sample the fleshpots of Stroud every saturday night.Go to the pictures,actually.