Status report Page 6,045

Quote: DaButt @ 27th June 2019, 5:53 PM

My son-in-law is in his first week as a sheriff's deputy in Denver, but he's already making headlines. A 4-foot snake made its way into someone's house and he was tasked with catching it. He cited the late Steve Irwin as his inspiration. :)

He says he noticed that whenever Steve Irwin picked up a snake, he always picked it up by the tail.

I don't know much about snakes but the little I do know tells me your son-in-law was very wise to follow Steve's example!

Laughing out loud

A rare treat at Teddy Towers , we got 4 balls in last nights lottery and were down to win £140 which delighted us, However it turned out that it was one of those drawers were it has rolled over so many times that if no one gets 6 numbers they share the pot.
So we got £419 instead of £140 and have just got back from Curry Night at Weatherspoons. It was nice to push the boat out and the weather was nice as well.

Excellent Teddy.
I'll be round in half an hour.

Nice win and should come in handy for the weekend that's predicted to be a scorcher.

Nice story but I thought it can be dangerous to hold a snake just by the tail as it could thrash about and bite you. Snake handlers first grab it just behind the head and then further down on the body so they have full control over it and no risk of it lashing out. Like this woman:

I'm surprised the police took care of it as well because over here they are probably not allowed to do that and have to keep it contained and call someone like the RSPCA to come and remove it.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 27th June 2019, 10:45 PM

I thought it can be dangerous to hold a snake just by the tail as it could thrash about and bite you.

That's certainly true.

Neither end is entirely safe when picking up a possibly-aggressive snake.

The bottom line, however, if you're a complete amateur when it comes to catching snakes, is surely that the tail end doesn't have fangs - or poison!

That's pretty much the extent of my snake-related knowledge so, if I found one, I'd just leave the bastard alone and phone 999/911 and wait for Da Butts's son-in-law to arrive. Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 27th June 2019, 6:07 PM

I don't know much about snakes but the little I do know tells me your son-in-law was very wise to follow Steve's example!

Laughing out loud

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud...............................:|

Quote: Rood Eye @ 27th June 2019, 11:27 PM

That's pretty much the extent of my snake-related knowledge so, if I found one, I'd just leave the bastard alone and phone 999/911 and wait for Da Butts's son-in-law to arrive. Laughing out loud

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud............................:|

No doubt a lot of bites occur globally when a snake is lifted by the tail by someone with no handling experience which makes it angry and lash out. They might think they are a safe distance but are wrong and if they are wearing shorts and tshirt it's a lot of exposed flesh for the snake to target. Someone who works with snakes like that woman treat it with authority but not being too heavy handed so it knows straight away it needs to comply to the extent volatile animals will. You can never trust reptiles with the exception of Willie from V.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 27th June 2019, 8:16 PM

A rare treat at Teddy Towers , we got 4 balls in last nights lottery and were down to win £140 which delighted us, However it turned out that it was one of those drawers were it has rolled over so many times that if no one gets 6 numbers they share the pot.
So we got £419 instead of £140 and have just got back from Curry Night at Weatherspoons. It was nice to push the boat out and the weather was nice as well.

Time to get your SUPPORTER sub avatar.

:)

Quote: billwill @ 28th June 2019, 8:41 PM

Time to get your SUPPORTER sub avatar.

:)

Bollocks, Bill. Let the man enjoy his winnings. All very well for you with all your money and no family.

Really you know you should.......

Catch the tail by the tiger
Catch the horns by the bull
A bird in need is a friend indeed
So pull the eyes over the wool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD9GAcg7Kf0

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th June 2019, 9:09 PM

Bollocks, Bill. Let the man enjoy his winnings. All very well for you with all your money and no family.

I don't really know how to answer this.

"All your money" ha ha don't make me laugh, I'm a pensioner with a state pension from 43 years of hard work, plus I saved some of my earnings in a pension fund so I have a very small private pension which will expire in about 6 years time. I'm lucky in that I bought a house in London for which the deposit was 6 or 7 years worth of savings (and a mortgage rate of 15%) and that happens to have increased in value a lot, but it's all tied up unless I can sell the house & move somewhere cheaper.

As for having no immediate family, that cuts both ways, there'll be no one to help me when I get really really old & infirm, I'll need money then to pay for care.

~~~~~~

As for SUPPORTing BCG, I believe in paying for good service & we have that here with Aaron (and probably Mark) working like stink & yet taking a pittance salary. I struggle to be able to donate something to BCG and I dare not make a commitment to an annual figure, so I just contribute a small non-repeating donation when I feel I can afford it.

~~~~~
Edited to correct name Steve to Mark, dunno why I wrote it as Steve first time.

My spouse has just informed me that some German health woman has said that swearing is good for you! Yaaay! The older I get, the more I swear. Great fun. So f**k off all you prudes.

Bill I've only jut seen your reply mate so my apologises for the delay in telling you to mind your own f**king business. I earn £5 an hour on Facebook and the pay is slow on coming every month or 6 or 7 weeks if it comes and in the last 5 years of doing it I have had at least 6 eviction notices no holidays and no help off anyone or any agency.

I've come to the conclusion that having an avatar claiming I am a SUPPORTER is not really a good idea.Donating,if you can,to help a good cause does need a public acknowledgement.