Things that piss you off Page 1,756

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th May 2019, 8:14 AM

What about baldy ponytail man, especial grey baldy ponytail man.
We have one lives by me. (he's about 65)
If I speak to him - like good morning or hello, he says in a deep drawl 'Hi'

Yup, we have them around here, AND (any age) blonde men with dreadlocks. You make think you look trendy multi-cultural but IT'S WRONG YOU FUCKING TWAT!!

Quote: chipolata @ 8th May 2019, 6:39 AM

Waterproofs that are anything but.

Yes...I was actually going to post about that myself, then found your post. I have just returned from taking my daughter to school. A twenty minute walk, there and back, under a dome umbrella, which only served to keep my cropped mess of pink hair dry. I am soaked right through to the gusset in my knickers (and they are proper big thick ones). My jacket says 'shower proof' on the label. Shower proof from what? Tinsel? Cornflakes? Bits of fluff? NO! This label should read 'THIS IS A SPONGE!'...so I'm feeling VERY pissed OFF and VERY pissed ON!

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 8th May 2019, 10:01 AM

Yes...I was actually going to post about that myself, then found your post. I have just returned from taking my daughter to school. A twenty minute walk, there and back, under a dome umbrella, which only served to keep my cropped mess of pink hair dry. I am soaked right through to the gusset in my knickers (and they are proper big thick ones). My jacket says 'shower proof' on the label. Shower proof from what? Tinsel? Cornflakes? Bits of fluff? NO! This label should read 'THIS IS A SPONGE!'...so I'm feeling VERY pissed OFF and VERY pissed ON!

When I was a student I had a Saturday job in a ladies clothing shop. We sold coats which were 'Showerproof' and we were well warned that this did NOT mean waterproof, just in case anybody asked. So remember that 'showerproof' means nothing. We also sold actual waterproofs which were mainly hideous and seemed made from rubber which was about 10 foot thick.

ER, how can a bald man have a ponytail?

Without clipping it off some poor pony.

Quote: Briosaid @ 8th May 2019, 11:24 AM

When I was a student I had a Saturday job in a ladies clothing shop. We sold coats which were 'Showerproof' and we were well warned that this did NOT mean waterproof, just in case anybody asked. So remember that 'showerproof' means nothing. We also sold actual waterproofs which were mainly hideous and seemed made from rubber which was about 10 foot thick.

Yeah, the actual rubbery waterproof stuff just makes me sweat out like anything. Wetter inside than out. Even jackets that 'feel' waterproof, just soak up all the drips until the whole garment is a sodden mass. I reckon these sellers of rain jackets and other things are just trying to make money out of us by promising stuff that isn't true. Weather annoys me so much.

Buy a Gannex raincoat... They're still about on ebay.
Guaranteed waterproof and lightweight.
My old mate Lord Kagan made em.
Yes, my old mate.

"Hey Mary, come and look here, they're talking about me raincoat. You remember the one I always wore............and wore...............and wore.............and wore. Even at the Grighton conference.

How many did those f**kers at Gannex give me over the years?"

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th May 2019, 7:03 AM

And older (my age) who wear a gold ring in their ear like they're some sort of Jack the Lad pirate. Pathetic.

So why do you?

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 8th May 2019, 1:58 PM

Yeah, the actual rubbery waterproof stuff just makes me sweat out like anything.

So you don't wear a wet suit then when you go out shopping or indulge in any other of your other preferences.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th May 2019, 6:21 PM

So you don't wear a wet suit then when you go out shopping or indulge in any other of your other preferences.

I try not to. The urge is always there, though, but I've managed to keep it under control...since 1987...what with the costs involved with fines and bail money...

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th May 2019, 2:44 PM

Buy a Gannex raincoat... They're still about on ebay.
Guaranteed waterproof and lightweight.
My old mate Lord Kagan made em.
Yes, my old mate.

Yes. We sold them too and they were hideous. I remember serving a fellow (rich) student who was Hell bent on buying one. She was a very odd shaped person and I managed to convince her not to buy a f**king Ganex and to go for a cheaper coat which looked much better on her.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th May 2019, 6:21 PM

So why do you?

I got rid of it last year when you FINALLY decided to cut off your naff grey pony-tail.

Fetishism is getting a bad name here and so too the Labour Party. My Auntie Mary always said of her time in the Civil Service that it was true in the 1970s that everybody was able to stop working for half a week as soon as the tea trolley was wheeled round as they all had proof on cine film that Harold Wilson was engaging in S and M sex with Marcia Falkender. Mind you, she was very loud because she came from a broken family. She was only rescued in life by my highly motivational uncle who would say when it was time to leave "get on your hind legs Mare". At that point, she would be out of the house like a rocket and heading off for genuine love making with him on the Walworth Road like today was no tomorrow.

On 56 year old loners being able to make friends, I can confirm it is not possible. Too much here is being made of appearances although I accept the tatted pony tailers are utter tits. As for talk, I can't count the number of blokes in their 60s at music gigs who after questioning my sexuality wrongly (it says to me a hell of a lot about them) spout crap about bedding Bond girls while listening to "The Floyd". For god's sake, if I want boring I will just stay indoors with the radio and my gigantic cock which I never advertise but rather enjoy privately as women dressed in macs and probably a mild interest in watersports pass my windows. This is not to say I have them open. They are on all non gig days 80% closed but always with a 20% slit.

People who start threads, then abandon them. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd April 2019, 11:14 PM

We haven't had any games recently.

What about our own Only Connect.

Give three clues and someone has to guess the fourth and the reason.

Here's one to start.

1. The Laws of Germany
2. Be nice to Mummy
3. Don't talk to Commies.
4. ?????

People who misuse greetings. I mean, HELLO?

Plastic pots of food that have both a plastic press-on lid AND a bit of foil that needs pulling off. Okay...not all, but some of the foil sealers just cannot be pulled off properly and you end up picking at it to get all the bits off. ALSO...and this is my main gripe...when that foil seal is decorated with words/pictures/product details, rather than the plastic press-on lid, they make that lid see-thru and, once I put it down somewhere, I can't find it again, because I always forget it is see-thru and am convinced I'm looking for a printed lid that matches the pot. That is all.