Things that piss you off Page 1,758

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th May 2019, 3:10 PM

I hate everything being initialized.
It might be my dyslexia but I can't even guess what they mean.

Watching Question Time, Rory what's-his-name referred to 'AI' and I struggled for a minute to realise he meant 'artificial intelligence'. Irritating.

The pronouncing of 'because' (bekozz) as 'bekizz'. Since when did 'au' sound 'i' ?
And 'Ibiza' as EYEbeetha. Surely it's 'Eebeetha'

Ibitza is another version I heard.

Eye buys 'er,

Why are there so many bell ends around these days with no respect? Olly Murrs is in town tonight and my bus home from work was jam packed with exited young girls and their parents/guardians. I could hear lots of exited comments so didn't mind all the noise on my usually quiet journey home. Everyone streams off at the same stop and when it got down to the last few some prick said "f**k off Olly, f**k off Olly" followed by a laugh that made him sound brain dead. Something like hurr hurr hurr. I couldn't get a clear view but it was a group of lads aged about 20 on the back row all laughing. What was funny about that? Odd how he only said it when the bus was almost empty as well. Wouldn't dare do it when it was full of dads.

Aren't you sick of Mel B's constant whingeing? There are kids starving in India who moan less than you. Ffs, you make a billion, bonk Geri Halliwell AND share a hotel suite with Sporty. Still not happy? Then let me instead. Shame to see it all wasted.

I've noticed a lot of websites are putting up an 'accept cookies' notice before you can read the page but in reality it is an accept pop ups and notifications from us.
You are browsing elsewhere and all their notifications pop up in the corner of your screen.

It's fixable but a pain in the arse. Being sneaky and annoying is not the way to generate sales.

It's slightly annoying that the BCG site is far more often than not "down" at the moment.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th June 2019, 7:51 AM

I've noticed a lot of websites are putting up an 'accept cookies' notice before you can read the page but in reality it is an accept pop ups and notifications from us.
You are browsing elsewhere and all their notifications pop up in the corner of your screen.

It's fixable but a pain in the arse. Being sneaky and annoying is not the way to generate sales.

Caused by the requirements of the EU regulation GDPR, but usually implemented wrongly. The regulation says that they are supposed to give us the option to NOT store any personal data, such as tracking data.

Going to gigs/events and you have no decent choice of beer.

At yesterday's Madness show they had a tent saying Draught Beer. All it had was bloody Budweiser.

I do think it's bloody disgusting. Don't the organisers know that we hate this f**king shit?

Quote: Chappers @ 16th June 2019, 8:10 PM

Going to gigs/events and you have no decent choice of beer.

At yesterday's Madness show they had a tent saying Draught Beer. All it had was bloody Budweiser.

I do think it's bloody disgusting. Don't the organisers know that we hate this f**king shit?

Serves you right. What's wrong with sparkling mineral water (preferably Highland Spring)?

This isn't strictly something that pisses me off, but because we're on holuday just now, and eating out a bit, I'm yet again aware of the huge heaps of leaves which accompany meals. Does any body actually eat all this stuff?

Quote: Briosaid @ 16th June 2019, 8:39 PM

Serves you right. What's wrong with sparkling mineral water (preferably Highland Spring)?

Buying bottled water? And fizzy stuff too? Don't be bloody stupid.

Highland Spring is just Scottish tap water :D

What pisses me off are increasing numbers of radio jingles that have to put everything in rhyme with a monotonous tempo to get the message across like the listener has the IQ of an Ape.

Come to Ned's Nursery for all your potted plant needs

Just off the A61 we're the biggest in Leeds

So pop along soon and bring the whole family

No over 80s please by order of insurance decree

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 16th June 2019, 9:11 PM

Highland Spring is just Scottish tap water :D

Bollocks. My tap water doesn't have the kick.

Quote: Briosaid @ 16th June 2019, 9:22 PM

Bollocks. My tap water doesn't have the kick.

Drink it from a shoe ;)