Newsjack Series 18 Page 24

got a sketch in yesterday, just sent a couple of oneliners, although I have to admit to it feeling like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Quote: Callooh Callay @ 4th March 2018, 11:25 AM

I got a sketch on this week about university vice-chancellors, but due to being stranded away from home on the wrong side of some snow since Thursday, didn't actually know until today.

Oh Frabjous Day, Callooh Callay! Well done indeed! :)

I'm on paternity leave after my daughter was born Friday morning. Woke up today with a migraine, sick twice, took eldest to school then sat and wrote two sketches.

Can only imagine the quality of them. I'll revisit when I'm out of this haze.

Quote: Thosisd @ 5th March 2018, 12:32 PM

Everyone get their sketches in?

We sent in sketches on British Spies and the Royal Wedding. Good luck everyone! :)

I sent in a sketch on Gangs in Waitrose. Onto the one-liners!

Submitted a sketch on home deliveries inspired by Amazon buying a 'smart doorbell' company and a sketch inspired by the app which rewards students for not using their phones.

Can't believe there's only one week left.

I started on sketch about Eddie Jones being bullied on a train - the premise was about ruby players being bullied by school children - but dropped that and instead wrote about the penguins on danger islands and Bradley Wiggins anti-doping report that was in the news today.

From what I've seen on Twitter I think the Newsjack team are getting as worn out by Newsjack as the rest of us.

Sketches on Putin and the elections and Barbra's cloned dogs.

Quote: Thosisd @ 5th March 2018, 1:21 PM

I'm on paternity leave after my daughter was born Friday morning. Woke up today with a migraine, sick twice, took eldest to school then sat and wrote two sketches.

Congratulations!

Thank you!

Quote: Thosisd @ 5th March 2018, 1:21 PM

Congratulations and good effort! We're expecting our second next month and I can't imagine doing anything other than making sure everyone stays alive.

I was determined not to miss it, especially if ep 5 really is the one with the best odds!

Definitely a challenge.

@Thosisd - congratulations on the birth of your two sketches! ????

Both my writing partner and I had our houses flood this weekend due to the snow, so we weren't feeling very funny, nor inclined to work.

Instead we went down the pub. Got drunk. And ended up with 6 one liners.

Fingers crossed that karma exists and we get all 6 accepted, since that'll pay for half of one plumber.

Oh no that's awful. Let's hope something positive comes from it.

I've just finished agonising over my one liners and have submitted. Actually happy with all of them...except one slightly ropey number cruncher.

Quote: Steev @ 6th March 2018, 10:15 AM

Both my writing partner and I had our houses flood this weekend due to the snow, so we weren't feeling very funny, nor inclined to work.

Instead we went down the pub. Got drunk. And ended up with 6 one liners.

Fingers crossed that karma exists and we get all 6 accepted, since that'll pay for half of one plumber.

Sorry to hear that.

Done 6. Happy with all for first time ever. Even had one to discard.
One sketch I just put in has suddenly become very topical today! It was about Putin's habit of disposing of people...