What are you watching on TV? Page 2,117

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th December 2017, 11:13 PM

Was hoping Lister was there and he was!! Loved it........................

Shame there was no Les.

I've not seen it yet but I was afraid it would be without Les which is damn shame. I was really hoping for some Les action and it's not Big Night Out without him.

There was Rod Stewart, what more could you want?

I loved the "observational comedy" bit. Laughing out loud

Seeing Graham Lister winning Novelty Island again

Best Christmas present this year!!!!!

New series please ....

Did anyone see the Alan Partridge documentory shown on the 27th? It had some interesting interviews with Coogan, Patrick Marber and Armando Iannucci who discuss how the character was born and there is some nice rehersal footage with Rebecca Front.

Alan Partridge: Why, When, Where, How And Whom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09kskyq/alan-partridge-why-when-where-how-and-whom

The running time is listed as 60 minutes but it's actually more like 80 minutes which is a bonus. It also mentions a new Alan Partridge series coming in 2018 but there is no information on it and the IMDB entry is, in the words of Partridge when querying a Travel Tavern bill for Miscellaneous Services, disconcertingly vague.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7011370/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 29th December 2017, 9:43 PM

Vic and Bobs Big Night Out was fantastic!

I'm just going to watch it on catch-up.

Bloody funny. It's been a real 90s resurgence over Christmas. Vic and Bob, League of Gents, French and Saunders, and a bit of Alan Partridge. All still wonderful.

Alan Partridge is one of my all-time favourites. I rate 'I'm...' up there with Fawlty Towers and the Young Ones.
I've been watching the musical 'Hair'. It's great except where he sings, 'Masturbation - CAN be fun.' Dunno about you mate, for me EVERY time is fun. That's why I do it. If you're jerking off and not enjoying it, there's something seriously wrong. The day I shoot my wad over Mel C and don't have fun...

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 3rd January 2018, 2:29 PM

Alan Partridge is one of my all-time favourites. I rate 'I'm...' up there with Fawlty Towers and the Young Ones.
I've been watching the musical 'Hair'. It's great except where he sings, 'Masturbation - CAN be fun.' Dunno about you mate, for me EVERY time is fun. That's why I do it. If you're jerking off and not enjoying it, there's something seriously wrong. The day I shoot my wad over Mel C and don't have fun...

He probably just needs a change. You can't beat switching hands oooerr.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 3rd January 2018, 7:00 PM

He probably just needs a change. You can't beat switching hands oooerr.

What's the difference between money and a masturbator? Money occasionally changes hands.
I'm Alan Partridge is awesome. They managed a good fim too, but I've only seen it once; I'm not sure I could watch it again and again like some of the episodes (Jed and Dan, for example).
What's worse than finding a worm in your apple? People who still quote Blackadder.

Clucking bell!

Girlfriends.

I always fancied Phylis Logan but she seems really ropey. Make up I hope.

Men behaving badly

On Yesterday

"And Now for Something Completely Different" on BBC2 which is bound to offend some people here until Match of the Day starts at 10.30.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th January 2018, 10:07 PM

"And Now for Something Completely Different" on BBC2 which is bound to offend some people here until Match of the Day starts at 10.30.

And not "A Life on Screen" of Michael Palin that was on just before it? :O

It was excellent.