What are you watching on TV? Page 2,110

Just watched the On The Busses Movie, an enjoyable romp.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd June 2017, 4:10 PM

What do you think Les Dennis?

We asked a 100 people to name something you stroke...............................drifts off.(Yes, I used to be all over them)

Quote: Will Cam @ 3rd June 2017, 4:27 PM

Just watched the On The Busses Movie, an enjoyable romp.

There's never a groper around when you want one.

My favourite TV show is Gordon Ramsay's 'Hell's Kitchen' for its realism and credibility. I'm sure if I ran a hotel and was expecting a visit from the world's greatest chef and harshest critic, I'd feed him the same shit as every other f**ker, leave a couple of locusts and one human floater in the sink, and shit myself every time someone asked for bread (We ain't got the fakkin' ingredients, Gordon). True story.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 10th June 2017, 11:16 AM

My favourite TV show is Gordon Ramsay's 'Hell's Kitchen' for its realism and credibility. I'm sure if I ran a hotel and was expecting a visit from the world's greatest chef and harshest critic, I'd feed him the same shit as every other f**ker, leave a couple of locusts and one human floater in the sink, and shit myself every time someone asked for bread (We ain't got the fakkin' ingredients, Gordon). True story.

Laughing out loud I like how all the episodes of Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares USA always follow exactly the same format.

Gordon arrives and says the place is a dump with terrible cuisine which causes friction.

Gordon criticises the staff and gives a list of improvements which causes yet more resentment.

Gordon stirs up a big row with someone that nearly turns physical (nearly)

Gordon has a heart-to-heart with them and 'clears the air'.

Gordon forks out on a new decor for a new start which gets everyone motivated and high fiving.

Gordon arranges an opening night which is always well attended and has positive feedback from the well heeled diners.

Gordon ends the programme saying he is confident the restaurant will go from strength to strength if they all work hard and pull together while bouncing up and down and slapping his hand with self congratulatory smugness.

End credits

Just watched a documentary on Netflix called "Packed in a Trunk" it was wonderful.

Another gripping episode of 24 Hours In Police Custody. It's a candid insight in to the lives of CID dealing with some of the most serious cases.

Can you believe the government is going to start allowing candidates to join CID directly without having to complete two years as a uniformed officer. Completely ridiculous because it can only lead to less experienced and less effective detectives.

Baby Boomers Guide to Growing Old. Old people talking about dating!!!!!!!!!!

(And sex!)

Amanda Barrie still looks quite sexy but unfortunately she's not that way inclined anymore.

Nina Myskow is also quite attractive.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th June 2017, 8:01 PM

Amanda Barrie still looks quite sexy but unfortunately she's not that way inclined anymore.

Nina Myskow is also quite attractive.

She did say she was AC/DC at one point in the prog. Chappers; but then you are old and hard of hearing, and where's Nina's knockers gone?

I watched the 'Full Monty' program last night - a prostate cancer awareness program.
It was touching and hilarious.
The womenfolk in the audiences loved them stripping off to the bare bollocks :)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th June 2017, 9:58 AM

The womenfolk in the audiences loved them stripping off to the bare bollocks :)

As Roy used to say on Catchphrase - "Say what you see" ....................................(mind you, I thought Wayne didn't have any) :S

Quote: Dr Mato @ 13th June 2017, 7:44 PM

Just watched a documentary on Netflix called "Packed in a Trunk" it was wonderful.

What was it about?

The lost art of Edith Lake Wilkinson. http://www.packedinatrunk.com

I watched The Crystal Maze on Friday and was ready to turn it over if it was rubbish but watched the whole hour. The lovely Jodie Kidd was the captain and did a great job but team mate Joey Essex was a total idiot for the whole show who constantly made pathetic, unhelpful comments like a disruptive schoolboy. Everyone else started taking it seriously even Scarlett Moffett or whatever her name is but Joey thought being a clown was the way to support his team.

Richard Ayoade does a sterling job and has that tough but fair and slightly distanced persona that Richard O'Brien was known for so it made the show feel like it did in the 90s and I'll be tuning in again next week. I just hope the celeb contestants take it a bit more seriously because while it's meant to be fun it still takes concentration and team spirit. At one point David Coulthard was doing a task and making good progress while Joey Essex was at the observation window making daft comments trying to be funny but failing miserably and probably putting David off. Seeing a racing legend trying to get the crystal while a talentless buffoon was doing his best to put him off was a bizarre sight.

Something new that doesn't really work is that when the team fail a task the solution is then given which is going to affect the logevity of that particular challenge. Apart from that the format was mainly unchanged and worked well and again Richard Ayoade is a great choice for presenter.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th June 2017, 10:12 PM

Laughing out loud I like how all the episodes of Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares USA always follow exactly the same format.

Gordon arrives and says the place is a dump with terrible cuisine which causes friction.

Gordon criticises the staff and gives a list of improvements which causes yet more resentment.

Gordon stirs up a big row with someone that nearly turns physical (nearly)

Gordon has a heart-to-heart with them and 'clears the air'.

Gordon forks out on a new decor for a new start which gets everyone motivated and high fiving.

Gordon arranges an opening night which is always well attended and has positive feedback from the well heeled diners.

Gordon ends the programme saying he is confident the restaurant will go from strength to strength if they all work hard and pull together while bouncing up and down and slapping his hand with self congratulatory smugness.

End credits

I'm a big fan of your posts so you may be interested in a little experience I had,,, I did a '''''''''''''reality''''''''''' show out here in Italy and it works like this:
1. They take a true story.
2. They contact '''''''''''''''''''actors'''''''''' who have just enough experience not to crap themselves in front of a camera, but not enough as to be recognised.
3. They tell you the story and fit it to your personality.
4. You improvise the scene.
5. You go home and if lucky put a cheque in the bank.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 2nd July 2017, 2:35 PM

I watched The Crystal Maze on Friday and was ready to turn it over if it was rubbish but watched the whole hour. The lovely Jodie Kidd was the captain and did a great job but team mate Joey Essex was a total idiot for the whole show who constantly made pathetic, unhelpful comments like a disruptive schoolboy. Everyone else started taking it seriously even Scarlett Moffett or whatever her name is but Joey thought being a clown was the way to support his team.

Richard Ayoade does a sterling job and has that tough but fair and slightly distanced persona that Richard O'Brien was known for so it made the show feel like it did in the 90s and I'll be tuning in again next week. I just hope the celeb contestants take it a bit more seriously because while it's meant to be fun it still takes concentration and team spirit. At one point David Coulthard was doing a task and making good progress while Joey Essex was at the observation window making daft comments trying to be funny but failing miserably and probably putting David off. Seeing a racing legend trying to get the crystal while a talentless buffoon was doing his best to put him off was a bizarre sight.

Something new that doesn't really work is that when the team fail a task the solution is then given which is going to affect the logevity of that particular challenge. Apart from that the format was mainly unchanged and worked well and again Richard Ayoade is a great choice for presenter.

Joey did actually end up getting a couple of crystals though, didn't he? Despite being an utter plank.
Ayoade is perfect. Especially with his fake hand because he doesn't want to touch any of them.