What are you watching on TV? Page 2,108

My God . . . people will still do anything to get on TV, won't they?

. . . and this is not something I have been following because I hate I'm a Celeb, Get Me Out of Here (call me old fashioned, but watching people chow down on revolting crap doesn't entertain me - and we already have Masterchef for that) but I have "The Island with Bear Grylls" on in background.

I avoid any programmes that are about suffering (rescue programmes, A&E etc.) because I find it distressing, but there seems to be no line at all now as to what is produced, and am not sure people even really know what they're signing up for.

Of course they have medics on location, but I felt so sorry for the woman who was dangerously dehydrated and ill yet this was still shown in edit as entertainment? I think sometimes people get so brainwashed about 'being on TV' that there needs to be more responsibility by programme makers and judgment can be further compromised when really sick - and seeing someone this unwell is makes for really uncomfortable viewing.

Now I know British TV is going to hell. I have just seen an advert for that twat Shane Richie and some tart in a EastEnders spin-off.

Can it get any worse.

Count Arthur Strong.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 19th May 2017, 8:35 PM

Count Arthur Strong.

Laughing out loud

The 100. But it does seem to have lost it this season.

I was planning to rewatch all of Twin Peaks before the new series starts.
But that's 30 episodes to fit in before Monday, and I'm not sure I can handle that much David Lynch all at once.

The original Total Recall on ITV. Still the most subversive blockbuster ever.

Get ready for a surprise!

Quote: chipolata @ 20th May 2017, 10:46 PM

The original Total Recall on ITV. Still the most subversive blockbuster ever.

Watched the last half and still enjoyable but now noticeable how dated the late 1980s "futuristic" clothes and hair styles were.

Jeremy Kyle hit an all time low this morning.
And 'no' I don't watch it - it was just on. (Yeah sure, me thinks he doth protest too much)

Anyway...

'I know it was you that poo'd in my garden because there was sweetcorn in it and we had sweetcorn for tea last night'

:D :D

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th May 2017, 9:41 AM

Jeremy Kyle hit an all time low this morning.
And 'no' I don't watch it - it was just on. (Yeah sure, me thinks he doth protest too much)

Anyway...

'I know it was you that poo'd in my garden because there was sweetcorn in it and we had sweetcorn for tea last night'

:D :D

Come on! Surely that's par for the course.

Not that I watch it either!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 19th May 2017, 8:35 PM

Count Arthur Strong.

I've been watching a lot of Mock The Week and I'm a fan of Sean Lock but recently some episodes have been marred by his poor efforts at getting a laugh. He will flog a dead horse and let the laughs get thinner while everyone is waiting for him to stop so Dara can carry on or someone else can have a turn. I know that's how Sean Lock is and he can be very funny when he's spontanious but these are editied shows and sometimes it feels like it should have been left on the cutting room floor or at least shortened.

Aw, he's one of my favourites on panel shows.
There are people on (especially older episodes of) Mock the Week who I wish would just shut up and stop determinedly yelling their jokes even though the moment has clearly passed. Russell Howard for one. Although he might not do it anymore, to be fair. He has been on Mock the Week since he was about 12.

Quote: zooo @ 27th May 2017, 8:37 AM

There are people on (especially older episodes of) Mock the Week who I wish would just shut up and stop determinedly yelling their jokes even though the moment has clearly passed.

Phil Jupitus is the undisputed king when it comes to this phenomenon. He doesn't even need a "moment", he's just hijacking the show shouting his unfunny rubbish. I don't envy the host when he's one of the guest pannelists.
He may be a nice and clever person but he ruins every panel show for me so usually I don't watch a show anymore when he's in the line up.