Things that piss you off Page 1,717

When people driving very wide and slow tractors 15pmh down a windy moderately high traffic road with 20 cars trailing behind angrily getting more and more behind on thieir/my commute from the countryside to civilisation where all of the jobs are and the rude tractor driver can't be arsed to take any of the 5 or so available places to pull off the road and let everyone past on a 10 mile stretch of road.

(I'm sure you all experience this all the time....)

Political stuff has ceased to piss me off. I've been pretty actively avoiding it all when possible because it's too overwhelming. It doesn't make me angry, it makes me exasperated, or crushed, or hopeless. I'm not sane enough to deal with that nonsense right now. I know that's a cop out...but I don't care.

Haven't found tractors too much of a problem as they're usually only going short distances but caravans drive me berserk once summer begins. It's so bloody selfish to hog the road when there are plenty of lay-bys.

Quote: Davida Grimes @ 11th May 2017, 1:46 PM

When people driving very wide and slow tractors 15pmh down a windy moderately high traffic road with 20 cars trailing behind angrily getting more and more behind on thieir/my commute from the countryside to civilisation where all of the jobs are and the rude tractor driver can't be arsed to take any of the 5 or so available places to pull off the road and let everyone past on a 10 mile stretch of road.

(I'm sure you all experience this all the time....)

No! Never!! We have six lane highways everywhere and never anything like that. Besides, our tractor drivers are most polite as they wave you past with a white handed glove and are every inch the gentlemen in their top hat and tails.

Quote: zooo @ 11th May 2017, 1:14 PM

Reading this guy's tweets is making me feel better. So I recommend it. https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/ Feels like there are actually things happening, and there might finally be some action taken soon.
Because it often feels like NOTHING is being done about him.

Yes - and supporters are becoming harder and harder to find online, perhaps as they'd rather stay quiet while reality sets in.

But if 'action' doesn't happen in this respect soon, perhaps his new dip in approval rating to 36% will get him so riled when he watches TV with his Horlicks tonight that he might do more than just have a tantrum which will require some sort of intervention, such as restraint and assessment for his mental capacity . . . and competence for just managing not to spill a hot drink over himself while raging - mind you, that's a tall order as that's multi-tasking, and all he's really good at is saying "you're fired" and even then he's sitting down, probably because he couldn't stay standing up at same time.

Fopdoodle I think the knives are closing in on him, we just need a Brutus. You can't fake news all of the people all of the time. Mind you my American friend keeps asking when will we come to our senses over Brexit. You could argue that Brexit will do more long term damage than Trump.

But anyway, I'm with Davida, I've got political overload, and I can't change any of it so back to tractors and caravans. We had a travelling gentleman driving a horse and cart on a dual carriage way the other day. He insisted on going in the fast lane so everyone was undertaking (no dead people involved). My main concern was over the viscosity of horse shit, that's some slipper stuff, can you imagine explain that on an insurance claim ? So I think the horse trumps Tractors and Trump and caravans. So let's get competitive, can anyone trump horses ?

Our local farmer is very friendly , he's always waving at me when I'm stuck behind his tractor.
Rolling eyes

Don't you three stir that cauldren too hard now, you'll spoil the broth

But we're concocting a solution to help ease your nose out of Trump's arsehole.

Quote: zooo @ 11th May 2017, 6:01 PM

But we're concocting a solution to help ease your nose out of Trump's arsehole.

Hehe!

Quote: fopdoodle @ 11th May 2017, 12:28 PM

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but there needs to be some sort of gross misconduct in order to fire anyone, and I remember in UK it was 3 written warnings first regardless of profession . . . so this must be unfair dismissal

Consider yourself corrected; you're wrong. This isn't the U.K. and someone can be fired for any reason -- or no reason whatsoever.

I'm enjoying the delicious irony of Democrats who demanded that Comey be fired when he was investigating Hillary Clinton, but now they're wailing because he was fired while he was investigating Donald Trump. More political hypocrisy of the highest order...

Trump's reason for firing him now is completely genuine of course. :)

Republicans/Democrats? Tories/Labour? Trump/Minaj?

It's all two cheeks of the same backside.

Aw, is Minaj the woman who was paying loads of her fans' college fees this week on twitter? She's nice. Crazy but nice.

Quote: zooo @ 11th May 2017, 7:31 PM

Aw, is Minaj the woman who was paying loads of her fans' college fees this week on twitter? She's nice. Crazy but nice.

Trying to think of as diametrically-opposed an opposite of Trump is not easy.

I tried Mother Theresa (fake) and Mary Magdalene (too catholic) and I couldn't think of anyone else! She was the first nice one I thought of who also was known for her attractive rear quarters, so I could quote the 'backside' remark..

Quote: zooo @ 11th May 2017, 7:31 PM

Aw..

Now you make me feel guilty.

Quote: SSTT @ 11th May 2017, 8:00 PM

Trying to think of as diametrically-opposed an opposite of Trump is not easy.

I tried Mother Theresa (fake) and Mary Magdalene (too catholic) and I couldn't think of anyone else! She was the first nice one I thought of who also was known for her attractive rear quarters, so I could quote the 'backside' remark..

Hah. It's a fair point!

Quote: DaButt @ 11th May 2017, 6:57 PM

Consider yourself corrected; you're wrong. This isn't the U.K. and someone can be fired for any reason -- or no reason whatsoever.

Really? That's brutal.

So if you turn up for work one day and your boss doesn't like your shirt, he/she can fire you - and you have no rights whatsoever? That can't be right . . .