Things that piss you off Page 1,716

The dire lack of intelligence displayed by people and media outlets referring to Phil the Greek's greatest comments as "gaffes". They're not bloody gaffes. A gaffe is a social blunder or an awkward mistake. Such as greeting your pal's new girlfriend with the name of his old girlfriend. Or using the soup spoon for dessert. Those are gaffes.

Phil the Greek merely speaks his mind and occasionally uses some dry humor, resulting in words of gold that will be greatly missed.

TV football commentators.

A local driving instructor.
I see him many times taking students/learners into rush-hour traffic before they are ready or confident enough.
He doesn't let them turn off onto minor roads and their nervousness causes mayhem. I see him leant back low down in the passenger seat just 'chillin
I watched a poor learner once constantly stall the car as the lights turned green. They changed four or five times before he/she kangeroo'd off.
People behind were tooting and trying to get passed causing other drivers to swerve.
I don't blame the learners - they shouldn't be pushed into heavy impatient rush hour traffic until they are ready.
But today capped everything.
I was going up a long very steep hill and he (alone) was behind me.
A lorry was in front struggling to get up it.
Suddenly he was along side going like the clappers to get by me and the long lorry. The brow of the hill was coming and it was totally blind.
He made it and nothing was coming. I shook my head and swore in disbelief.
At the next junction there was a queue and he was right in front of me
His details and mobile number were all over the car, so I phoned him (hands free of course)
I told him what I had seen him do and I wouldn't trust him to teach anyone to drive.
He told me to f**k off.
I told him I was the driver if the car behind him.
AND, he had his phone to his ear.

He changed indicators from left to right and pulled out to the front of the queue. I then heard horns as he cut into the traffic.

The smell of chips from downstairs when none are for me . . .

Americans who say "are you serious right now"? Because given the tense, 'are' MEANS 'right now'.

Had they been asking the question about yesterday, it would have been "'were' you serious", and later, "'will' you be serious", so is a bit of a waste of letters, when they already prefer 'disoriented' to 'disorientated' that we still use as a word.

But is just as bad as (in UK) with 'innit' used in context of a sentence that doesn't make grammatical sense, i.e. - it's a short way of saying "isn't it", so saying "I just lost my phone, innit" just makes you look like you didn't pay attention in school, or want to adhere to the culture of walking around with your trousers/jeans falling down below your arse and with a strange gait because you want people to believe you've been in prison . . .

What about 'do ya get me' or 'dya know what I mean' after every simplistic statement

ie ' I couldn't be here yesterday, I was ill in bed - dya know what I mean.

Nope, that passed right over my head. Could you break it down for me.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 9th May 2017, 12:44 PM

. . .

Or calling someone without reason a "total pricktard" and then not apologise and hope no one will notice and go away.

Are you joking right now?

;)

There are 3 main reasons, in my experience, why people chuck casual insults at you online in forums.

A. They are jealous of you,

B. They are struggling with strong feelings of affection for you and fighting it,

C. They are jealous of you, and are struggling with strong feelings of affection for you and fighting it . . .

The other reason being of course that it's just banter because nothing is personal when you don't actually know the person.

Cowardly caustic and about as funny as a fart at a funeral. Are ya with me?

People who still quote Blackadder. The long winter nights must just fly by for them.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 9th May 2017, 12:44 PM

But is just as bad as (in UK) with 'innit' used in context of a sentence that doesn't make grammatical sense.

I abide by grammatical regulations. Them's the rules, innit.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 9th May 2017, 6:11 PM

There are 3 main reasons, in my experience, why people chuck casual insults at you online in forums.

1. They are wankers.
2. You are a wanker.
3. Both are wankers.

Maybe we could start saying nice things to each other. Michael you are very good at wanking. Fopdoodle, there's nothing wrong with looking like a dog. And Kenneth being upside down all day, never did Barry Humphries (and the other funny one) any harm. There. Your turn.Hug

NICE? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPUeB2ZqQU

Using this thread instead of news as I am so pissed off now I could punch someone.

Hypocrisy?

"Dear Director Comey:
I have received the attached letters from the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General of the United States recommending your dismissal as the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I have accepted their recommendation and you are hereby terminated and removed from office, effective immediately.
While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau.
It is essential that we find new leadership for the FBI that restores public trust and confidence in its vital law enforcement mission.
I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Donald J. Trump"

Apart from the obvious fact that he's taking no responsibility himself and is passing the buck to others as usual, he is clearly also lying (also as per usual) about his reasons for firing him.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but there needs to be some sort of gross misconduct in order to fire anyone, and I remember in UK it was 3 written warnings first regardless of profession . . . so this must be unfair dismissal, but the overwhelming hypocrisy here is so outrageous as HE is the one who should receive the letter stating "you are not able to effectively lead the Country", and preferably in front of some cameras for maximum humiliation, like he did for Comey.

His staggering lack of common sense alone is bewildering, as people who have been fired can sometimes be just a little tempted to spill the beans and say things they otherwise wouldn't have had they still been in the job (and even those who are have to unburden themselves by leaking how the White House is like a kindergarten with a toddler that needs pacifying anytime he hears something he doesn't like on TV, online and shouts at it) and all he's done here is add fuel to the fire bringing his impeachment even closer to being realised.

I was actually hoping he would either see sense and compromise a little on feeding his ego, or start listening to people given his initial epic failures, but no, he just keeps getting worse and is quite simply, a f*cking disgrace.

Reading this guy's tweets is making me feel better. So I recommend it. https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/ Feels like there are actually things happening, and there might finally be some action taken soon.
Because it often feels like NOTHING is being done about him.

I think the stink of corruption can be smelt from here.