EU Referendum - In Or Out? Page 21

Quote: fopdoodle @ 25th June 2016, 6:50 AM BST

Petition for 2nd referendum to reverse outcome:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

I reckon if there was an unprecedented second vote - it could be more like 70/30 than a 48/52 split now.

Reminds me of Alex Salmond - we will have a referendum until we get the result we want...........there's democracy for you.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 25th June 2016, 8:57 AM BST

Yes this new trend for mass internet petitions is one of the most depressing aspects of modern culture. Mainly annoyed youngens I should think who have no concept of fair play or being a good or honorable loser.

That's why it was vital to get out now because our youth are becoming less and less British and more continental. They would sell our thousand year old heritage and legacy for a euroburger. The young with their wingeing make me laugh - in 20 years time they'd be like us cursing the bossy, morally dodgy Eurocrats who are trying to make us all the same. Well done fellow Brits and thank you for getting us out.

Cameron says he will start proceedings to leave in October - WHY? Why not now. Why do they have to drag things on and on and on, or is it so they can squeeze max. expenses out of it all.

EU President Martin Schulz has the right idea - get us kicked out now not in two years. It's a done deal so let's get out of the Euro shit now!!

And I reckon it would be more a 70-30 split our way, once the cage has been opened you'll get a flood of us coming out, that's the way human nature works.

And we won despite a very dodgy 2 day registration extention to help the young remainers, one council even printing leaflets showing how to vote remain and the Jo Cox murder which was turned into a Remain camp martyrdom. Despite all that Britain voted to leave by one and half million people! If that isn't a clear win I don't know what is! :S

Yes, because shooting your MP can never be regarded as a political act, Kipper?

I have seen a lot of people on TV saying they voted leave to make a point but they never thought it would actually ever happen, and now reality's hit them they regret it.

Bloody morons.

Don't vote to 'make a point' or 'teach the establishment a lesson' or to surprise people. Vote what you ACTUALLY believe in. That's how voting works.

It's a calamity which will lead to recession and the break-up of the U.K. The Little Englanders have triumphed over reason.

It's Bognor Regis for you now Beaky. Don't worry, I see Butlins making a big comeback now. :)

Quote: zooo @ 25th June 2016, 9:34 AM BST

I have seen a lot of people on TV saying they voted leave to make a point but they never thought it would actually ever happen, and now reality's hit them they regret it.

Bloody morons.

Don't vote to 'make a point' or 'teach the establishment a lesson' or to surprise people. Vote what you ACTUALLY believe in. That's how voting works.

I think it actually works both ways, Zooo, protest votes have had an important impact in getting this referendum in the first place. Obviously some have been surprised by the speed of it all turning into reality, as I am, but I reckon many will lose their regrets in a few days or weeks when they realise they've freed GB from a continental clique whose symbol is a stale croissant. All divorces are nervy regretful things before the great freedom hits you.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 25th June 2016, 6:50 AM BST

Petition for 2nd referendum to reverse outcome:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

I reckon if there was an unprecedented second vote - it could be more like 70/30 than a 48/52 split now.

I got interrupted part way though signing this, a short time later the vote had grown by almost 100,000. It's close to a million votes at time of writing and rising at the speed of light.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th June 2016, 9:20 AM BST

Cameron says he will start proceedings to leave in October - WHY? Why not now. Why do they have to drag things on and on and on, or is it so they can squeeze max. expenses out of it all.

EU President Martin Schulz has the right idea - get us kicked out now not in two years. It's a done deal so let's get out of the Euro shit now!!

Maybe the idea is to influence things in the EU (for example blocking certain decision processes) while the UK is still a member...in such a way that you are in a better position when you have to negotiate new contracts after you've left. Crafty sod!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 25th June 2016, 9:56 AM BST

It's Bognor Regis for you now Beaky. Don't worry, I see Butlins making a big comeback now. :)

I think it actually works both ways, Zooo, protest votes have had an important impact in getting this referendum in the first place. Obviously some have been surprised by the speed of it all turning into reality, as I am, but I reckon many will lose their regrets in a few days or weeks when they realise they've freed GB from a continental clique whose symbol is a stale croissant. All divorces are nervy regretful things before the great freedom hits you.

Bugger Bognor! :)

Well I think protest votes are f**king dangerous. It just takes a few too many people thinking 'I'll show the world by voting for a lunatic'! Then, oh shit, the lunatic got in.

Then it's the fault of the many millions of people for loving lunacy and extreme ideals themselves, or really human nature. Adolf Hitler didn't seize power in an illegal coup, he got voted in on a landslide of support.

I'm not strictly talking about Hitler. ;)

Quote: zooo @ 25th June 2016, 9:34 AM BST

Bloody morons.

I was concerned all along that the motivation would be driven by immigration crisis and morons responding in a knee-jerk fashion without considering the consequences.

Am amazed that some are admitting to protest votes (not to mention how stupid) but if this is the case they should be disregarded as it makes the whole affair a complete and utter farce.

. . . and in effect, the people who made deciding votes (the idiots) are who are really in charge as they have dictated the future of the rest of us - so how does that make any sense in any sort of democracy?

"But I was only joking!" is a great way to start a fight. I just hope the protests don't turn into violence anytime soon, because a lot of people will be a lot of angry about this.

Am still shocked but not amazed that this mad idea of leaving the EU has actually come to pass. White van man has spoken.

Quote: keewik @ 24th June 2016, 6:28 PM BST

I actually feel more upset about this referendum result than I did about the Scottish one. I can't even discuss it - it's too awful.

I feel sorry for Scotland, looks like another shot at independence will be on the table now though.

Farage said prior to any result that he would want a second referendum if the result was so close.

He even called it 'unfinished business'.

"In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it."

So had it been a remain camp victory by 2%, he would have called for a second vote.