What are you watching on TV? Page 2,065

A Sammy Davis Jr. documentary on BBC4.

Yes, and excellent it was too when I watched it on one of the "main" channels - BBC have a habit of repeating progs. on BBC4 and not mentioning that they are in fact a repeats...........but not on that channel of course.

The documentary about Stephen Fry on BBC2. Quite interesting!

The two docs. "That's So 20th Century", about what we were wearing/playing etc etc - Jesus! F**king shell suits - anyone admit to wearing one? I remember my sister in law and her husband wearing matching ones >_< WHY!?

Looking forward to the start of 'War and Peace' tonight.

I was watching Still Open All Hours, but now I'm watching Johnny English Reborn.

During the ad-breaks I am watching Popetown.

Quote: keewik @ 3rd January 2016, 5:42 PM GMT

Looking forward to the start of 'War and Peace' tonight.

So am I. The last time I saw it was in the 70s when they showed a Russian film that had to be shown over two nights at the local cinema as it was 8 hours long I seem to remember.
Reading subtitles for that length of time is not the best thing to do with your life. :(

I saw that, too but funnily enough I don't remember the subtitles. Must have been very engrossed in it.
Enjoyed tonight's episode. Need to be aware that it's a long haul.

I just watched Fifty Shades of Grey....when she was in the hardware shop why didn't she ask him what colour tape he wanted? She picks yellow and black and him being dominating should have said "no I want the red ones" and not accept what she gave him.

Strumpet

Quote: keewik @ 3rd January 2016, 10:15 PM GMT

I saw that, too but funnily enough I don't remember the subtitles. Must have been very engrossed in it.
Enjoyed tonight's episode. Need to be aware that it's a long haul.

Well that's a coincidence - another mad person, and yes I am pretty sure it was with subtitles.

Despite drooping eyelids I managed to stay with last night's first episode and followed what was going on, which was helped by in this instance the dialogue not being drowned out by the unnecessary so called mood music.

Sorry! on BBC 4.

Michael Portillo's "Great British Railway Journeys" (Series 7) that started tonight - excellent! As I follow it with my copy of the 1863 Bradshaw's Guide. Great scenery and informative. :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th January 2016, 11:10 PM GMT

Michael Portillo's "Great British Railway Journeys" (Series 7) that started tonight - excellent! As I follow it with my copy of the 1863 Bradshaw's Guide. Great scenery and informative. :D

You bought it new when you were a child?

Yes and George signed it for me. :)

There was a great documentary series that started tonight on BBC2 on Ancient Egypt which was fantastic and I recommend it. It's a 4-parter.