What are you watching on TV? Page 2,066

Yes, I was tempted; but when you are old like me you have seen so many docs. over the years on Egypt that when I do watch a "new" one it becomes a "seen it" and with the years rapidly disappearing :( (God, I'm getting morbid Laughing out loud ) I cannot justify the hours.

It's like this "new" Beowulf - 13 parts, Nah. Again tempted (the Ray Winston film was excellent I saw about a year ago), and now glad I didn't get hooked as I have just read this:-

It was tipped to be the new Game Of Thrones.

Yet ITV's new fantasy epic Beowulf: Return To The Shieldlands failed to meet its expectations as viewers stormed to Twitter to slam the 'disappointing' new show on Sunday night.

Laden with magic and monsters and an eye-watering budget of £17M, the 13-part series had all the makings of a blockbuster series - yet appeared to fall short.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3383258/What-disappointment-Fans-swarm-Twitter-blast-ITV-s-new-epic-drama-Beowulf-Return-Shieldlands.html#ixzz3wMNPHRHp

watching HEROES

I'm eating HEROES..........the toffee ones that always get left in the tin after Christmas. Pleased

NCIS great show it is.

Quote: Woozie @ 5th January 2016, 3:03 AM GMT

There was a great documentary series that started tonight on BBC2 on Ancient Egypt which was fantastic and I recommend it. It's a 4-parter.

For some reason I'm not interested in Ancient Egypt. All that sand and stuff.

If it was about Celtic Britain or the Romans or Greeks it would be a different matter.

They worshipped cats, so I like 'em.

Quote: zooo @ 5th January 2016, 4:45 PM GMT

They worshipped cats, so I like 'em.

So do the Chinese.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th January 2016, 4:56 PM GMT

So do the Chinese.

Great delicacy with noodles - Pussy Mein.

I can ban people, y'know...

We finally started getting Downton Season 6. But before that, I saw Hugh Bonneville in quite a few interesting roles. The most interesting of which, was getting to see Bonneville butt-naked in the opening scenes of DaVinci's Demons. That totally made me forgive him for appearing in the Alf movie. Sorry, no, it wasn't Alf, it was the Paddington movie.

The Crusades on BBC4. That's more like it.

Quote: zooo @ 5th January 2016, 7:05 PM GMT

I can ban people, y'know...

Ickle me..... Teary Chappers started it..............

Grace Slick.

Knew her well. :S

It was a great BBC4 programme about the Album. Very informative and being BBC4 it's probably been on several times. Took me back a lot although I really didn't know the story of Boston. (No - not the Tea Party)