Things that piss you off Page 1,626

Quote: billwill @ 18th October 2015, 1:57 PM BST

Have you used it on any online purchasing systems which might have got hacked?

Could it be something to do with PayPal?

Quote: Loopey @ 18th October 2015, 2:13 PM BST

Could it be something to do with PayPal?

I regularly get emails from "PayPal" asking me to check my balance - I delete these immediately. Like banks I don't think the genuine company would do this.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th October 2015, 2:42 PM BST

I regularly get emails from "PayPal" asking me to check my balance - I delete these immediately. Like banks I don't think the genuine company would do this.

Same here.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th October 2015, 2:42 PM BST

I regularly get emails from "PayPal" asking me to check your balance too. Don't worry Herc, it all looks to be in order to me.

Quote: reds @ 18th October 2015, 11:17 AM BST

Reading an article on a news website that is full of spelling mistakes, has words missing and strange sentence structure. Especially when the article is not related to any kind of breaking news.

I realise many of my posts on here are probably full of spelling mistakes and strange sentence structure- but this is not my job.

I agree. Also articles that mainly consist of reprinting quotes from Twitter.

Quote: Loopey @ 18th October 2015, 1:44 PM BST

Credit card fraud. Angry Someone tried to use my card details in America;I've never been to America, I haven't lost my card, I very rarely use it, I don't use it for online stuff. How do they do this?

This happened to me once with a debit card. I think (but don't know) it happened at a petrol station. I always pay cash when buying petrol now. When I get money out of a cash machine I also always get much more than I need. That way I don't use them as much and reduce the risk of my details being stolen then.

The most frustrating thing was that whoever stole my details had a much better time with my money than I do. A slap up meal in the west end, then four first class plane tickets to Canada.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 18th October 2015, 3:58 PM BST

I regularly get emails from "PayPal" asking me to check your balance too. Don't worry Herc, it all looks to be in order to me.

Thanks but I will still be ignoring them..............just in case.

The most frustrating thing was that whoever stole my details had a much better time with my money than I do. A slap up meal in the west end, then four first class plane tickets to Canada.

Bloody hell!

I regularly get emails from. 'Paypal'???? Saying there's a problem with my account, click on the link etc. I have never in my life had a PayPal account and don't intend to.

I think Paypal is one of the safer systems. When you pay by paypal the merchant site does not get the details of the credit card.

I agree. Also articles that mainly consist of reprinting quotes from Twitter.

This happened to me once with a debit card. I think (but don't know) it happened at a petrol station. I always pay cash when buying petrol now. When I get money out of a cash machine I also always get much more than I need. That way I don't use them as much and reduce the risk of my details being stolen then.

The person who skimmed our former credit card bought loads of train tickets in Italy. I wasn't aware if that was more fun than say, a ride on the Woolwich Ferry?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 18th October 2015, 10:33 PM BST

The person who skimmed our former credit card bought loads of train tickets in Italy. I wasn't aware if that was more fun than say, a ride on the Woolwich Ferry?

That was probably for loads of refugees who will be camping in your back garden soon.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th October 2015, 10:46 PM BST

That was probably for loads of refugees who will be camping in your back garden soon.

As long as it isn't the 90s band 'The Fugees'? Wycleff Jean's rapping would wake the neighbours and Lauryn Hill's trilling would bother the earthworms.

Quote: keewik @ 18th October 2015, 7:30 PM BST

I regularly get emails from. 'Paypal'???? Saying there's a problem with my account, click on the link etc. I have never in my life had a PayPal account and don't intend to.

You are really are missing out, kewick. Bargains on EBay, freelancing, emailing random people and asking for money...

End of October has snuck up and I forgot to organise tickets for John Bishop and Russell Brand this week and now both are sold out.

Quote: keewik @ 18th October 2015, 7:30 PM BST

I find PayPal invaluable as you can buy without the vendor knowing any of your personal banking details.

I had been scouring the web for a certain piece of jewellery for my daughter and finally (!) found a chap in Poland to make it for me and he took PayPal, so paid for it with complete confidence.

Paypal is very secure and not only that, if you report any suspicious activity they are on to it in a flash. And, you are not liable for any fraud.
Same with the banks.

My wife once had her debit card cloned (and that was from a petrol garage) and the bank was very skeptical - telling her it was probably a member of the family using it without her knowledge.
They cleaned her account out to her overdraft limit.

She went to the bank and gave them her card and she was called the next day to say that several attempts had been made to withdraw cash from her card.

Only then did they believe her and refunded the stolen money.

They actually refunded some money she had withdrawn herself.... we forgot to tell them that bit.

Stephen Badlad. Angry