Newsjack - Series 12 Page 17

How do you get in touch with the producers, presumably just email the submissions email address?

Quote: martinw @ 13th March 2015, 10:19 AM GMT

How do you get in touch with the producers, presumably just email the submissions email address?

Just sent you a message with details.

Well, during my usual 'bung all my rejected one-liners on Twitter', Jane helpfully pointed out that two of them were actually recorded on Wednesday (thanks Jane!).

EDIT: Just read through my one-liners again, and one that was allegedly recorded, I didn't actually send! Getting stuff recorded by telepathy again, which at least explains the lack of email

If the other one was recorded and cut, then it's a bit disappointing that the 'Recorded but cut' emails don't go out anymore. I saw these as quite important, as it tells people their work is good enough to get through the recording (which is as good as we can make stuff, no?).

It's a bit disconcerting and someone (especially someone new to this whole comedy writing malarkay) might have got something recorded in all six episodes and potentially be the next big thing. But, as it was all cut, they give up writing because they've heard nothing so just figured their work was not up to standard.

It's a shame, that's all, if it is the case.

Dan

Dan, perhaps the time is ripe for 'have I got a bit more Newsjack for you' :)

:)

Dan

Quote: V Riddoch @ 13th March 2015, 9:47 AM GMT

Hoorah! Well done, Stephen (and Kevlar, Ed, Jabashe and Blinkered!). Great sketch and a clever combination of two stories. :)

Cheers Viv (and others). It was originally a pretty short sketch but they used most of my original lines and added some great ones around it. Hoping the rewrite earns me a extra 30 seconds cash!

Dan - it is indeed a shame if the recorded but cut e-mail is no longer a thing (has anyone got one this series?). But then again I'm not sure what e-mail there is for a line you wrote but did not send that was recorded but not broadcast. Maybe you owe them an e-mail first????

No-one wants your particularly brand of rationality, MrM! Newsjack is built on the very foundations of people getting befuddle and aggrieved for a great many reasons that are beyond being addressed!

Dan

I'm wondering if the Newsjack team are more hard-pressed for time these days (evidence for this is that they only want 6 oneliners/voxpops now, which must save a lot of reading-through time) and simply can't get round to doing everything they used to do.

Congrats for everyone who got stuff on this week.

Quote: V Riddoch @ 13th March 2015, 9:47 AM GMT

Great sketch and a clever combination of two stories. :)

Yes, well done Stephen, they do love the meeting of two stories.

Quote: StephenM @ 13th March 2015, 12:07 PM GMT

It was originally a pretty short sketch but they used most of my original lines and added some great ones around it. Hoping the rewrite earns me a extra 30 seconds cash!

This happened to me on the last series - I wrote a 30-second apology from Optical Express which got extended by the team into a full sketch. I got paid for the whole thing. I'm still living the high life to this day on that extra £20.

It's great to hear good news from a few of you guys on here congrats!

As a new writer it seems merely impossible to get stuff on there. I mean the first two sketches I wrote were poor in terms of lack of sound effects and music etc.

I feel I'm getting better but just need a bit of luck.

The positive tone definitely gives me hope so thanks guys for posting. :D

Just sent ours in (Assange, Headmistress phoning God, Penis transplant).

Good luck everyone!

:)

Mine are in - archaeologists discover 250yo pretzel and bride abandons wedding when groom fails a maths test. I'm in that hopeful Monday lunchtime stage, soon to be followed by the Monday afternoon to Sunday evening overwhelming sense of despair stage.

I've got one which covers the meeting after Rome's Mayor announced his plans to curb football violence with culture, and a second which speculates where Vladimir Putin might have been for these past 10 days...

I always love seeing the variety of stories people cover - I spend hours scouring the news and people always write about loads of stuff I've missed! Mine this week:

- Tiger Woods not owning his own name
- flat-pack furniture computer game
- increase in mini wine bottle sales

Good luck everyone - I'm going to the record again this week so I'll post what I can remember from that one Wednesday.

Good luck everyone. Mine were about Julian Assange and a hairdressers becoming an internet broadband provider.