Don't get Mrs. Brown's Boys Page 3

Another vote for Mrs. Brown's Boys being complete shite.

We watched a few episodes ironically in my house, getting laughs out of just how bad it was. Then I realised I was adding to the ratings so have vowed never to put it on again.

oh wow it is absolutely amazingly deployable, its cliched, hackneyed and the jokes such as they are have been recycled more times than Roy's rolls. I hate this show with a passionate called death. I can't believe some of the horrendous writing that has gone into such a bygone, old fashioned mess of a show. With jokes that were out of date 40 years ago.

Its mawkish sentimentality is just vile. It's cheap and oh so risqué innuendo, is such that its about as subtle as a hammer to the head. With a parade of stereotypical characters if the guy that wrote it wasn't Irish , id have thought he was verging on racist.

In all I quite like it. (Irony alert)

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/30189

"This show is as funny as cancer..."

Quote from Gregor Fisher about the Sitcom which he stars in: Rab.C.Nesbitt

Quote: Moushty @ 11th May 2012, 12:34 PM BST

Mr zooo.

Yes, of course...and Mrs. Brown is a man as well. Bullshit! ( ;) )

This is an absolutely amazing show everything about it is great. How can you not like it?

Quote: ComedyGeek @ 4th May 2014, 9:23 AM BST

This is an absolutely amazing show everything about it is great. How can you not like it?

I like your irony.

This show is completely shite!

I can only quote Mark:

Quote: Mark Gibson @ 4th May 2014, 1:59 AM BST

oh wow it is absolutely amazingly deployable, its cliched, hackneyed and the jokes such as they are have been recycled more times than Roy's rolls. I hate this show with a passionate called death. I can't believe some of the horrendous writing that has gone into such a bygone, old fashioned mess of a show. With jokes that were out of date 40 years ago.

Its mawkish sentimentality is just vile. It's cheap and oh so risqué innuendo, is such that its about as subtle as a hammer to the head. In all I quite like it.

Yes! Yes...and yes!
Plus: The fake corpsing is almost an insult to every half intelligent human being.

The problem is it's dull, weak witted, minstrelishly racist and relentlessly plagaristic.
Does it really standout, I mean is it exceptionally bad or is British comedy just in a dark, smelly place at the moment.
As for plagaristically is no one getting annoyed, surely someone must have spotted their gags being pinched.
There is only one thing that can be said in Mrs Browns favour,
at least it's not another f**king panel show.

I know, I think it just really rattles me cage when I see it, and I have if I've been round peoples houses, and I'm made to watch it. I end up getting more and more irate, proper Basil Fawltey over it.

I just remember sitcoms when they were trying to push boundaries or at least, slipped something other than a lot of cheap jokes in, I do hate the corp sing, and I can't believe how popular it is.

But your right at least its not another panel show. Who'd think comedy could get people so worked up. Theres a sitcom in that.

It's kind of like the anti Father Ted.

Look, Mrs Brown's Boys is one of these shows where it simply splits audiences and critics down the middle but a hell of a lot people love it, it pulls in 15 million viewers and the Live Tours sell millions of tickets. It is one of these shows which just make you laugh without having to think too hard about it! If you don't laugh at least once at Mrs Brown's Boys you must be dead! I think personally it is one of the best sitcoms around at the moment and I take my hat off to Brendan O'Caroll for creating something different which really should not work but it does. I mean look at him now - he is a millionaire for just simply dressing up as an old lady and making people laugh!

Quote: G180e @ 4th May 2014, 5:01 PM BST

is one of these shows where it simply splits audiences and critics down the middle...it pulls in 15 million viewers and the Live Tours sell millions of tickets....If you don't laugh at least once at Mrs Brown's Boys you must be dead!

So, half of the British viewership is dead?

You can't argue with the viewing figures, I give you that. But that doesn't make it a good show. Not even an ok one. Brandon O''Caroll is a lucky guy, in times of war and financial crisis most people don't want to think much, they just want easy (stupid?) entertainment, that's why they watch things like the Mission Impossible franchise at the cinema and Bog* Brother or Mrs. Brown on TV.

*that was really a typo at first, but I think it's fitting.

Quote: G180e @ 4th May 2014, 5:01 PM BST

I take my hat off to Brendan O'Caroll for creating something different

What is different about it? He took elements from older shows (Sooty calls it plagiarism) stripped away the clever bits, made it easier to digest...and what we have now is essentially a (stupid) children's programme with added swearing and cheap sexual innuendos.

The list of things I didn't 'get' is endless, Little Britain, Bottom, Rev, Plebs etc.

Doesn't necessarily make them 'shite' Just I don't like them.