So, you have won the lottery!

I was just watching the man who had scooped £108 million on the Euro lottery and I thought is it a great thing to happen or is it a disguised curse.

I cannot comprehend 108 million in my bank account. Imagine seeing that when you go to the ATM 'You have credit £108.000.000. You may withdraw £350' :)

But how are you going to live your life from now on - everything has changed.

The little things like saving up for something you really want (and the pleasure that gives when you manage it)
Do you help friends and family out? - how much do you give them

Do you risk being called a tight-wad if you don't pay for everything or a flash bastard if you do.

Do you buy a house too big for yourself or do you stay where you are happy.
What price range do you look for when buying a new house.

We are all fragile really - do we need all the attention and jealousy that must ensue.

I would bloody love it.

The people who came crawling out the woodwork would be rather irritating, but you could just pay to have them killed.

I would love it too. People who let winning the lottery ruin their lives are fecking morons.

I would tell as few people as possible. Give my family and best friends some money. And buy a very nice but not crazy house.
I don't like cars or going on holiday so I wouldn't waste it on that. Would also bypass drugs and hookers, which is probably what most idiots spend it all on.

I'm more fascinated to notice that British people see £108 million as being all the money in the world ever. I could easily burn through that in a year and still not have everything I've ever wanted.

People who win it and declare they're miserable should be taken out and shot. It's more likely these people would be miserable in any circumstance, but being poor they could blame their shitty attitudes, rubbish friends and crap personalities on poverty.

It's like those morons who move to Spain and open a bar, thinking every day will be just like their holiday and then giving up and going home. Twuntcakes the lot of them.

Quote: zooo @ 19th March 2014, 1:08 PM GMT

I would tell as few people as possible. Give my family and best friends some money. And buy a very nice but not crazy house.
I don't like cars or going on holiday so I wouldn't waste it on that. Would also bypass drugs and hookers, which is probably what most idiots spend it all on.

So basically, you want to win the Thunderball. Way to push the boat out zooo. Woo.

I think with that kind of dough you'd have to set up some sort of enterprise or other.
Just sitting there spending it would be fairly soul-destroying.
Me - I would start a chain of independent cinemas with an accent on UK films and themed movie nights.

I don't even know what the Thunderball is.
Don't get me wrong, I want a shitload of money. I just want to stare at it in the bank, getting me more money, until I figure out lots of awesome projects to do with it.

I would love it too. People who let winning the lottery ruin their lives are fecking morons.

I'd love it too. At least I'd try not to squander it and drink myself to death with expensive Champagne within a year.

Delboy in "Mother Nature's Son": "Dear lord, please let me prove to you that wealth won't spoil me." (that could be my next signature)

Would also bypass drugs and hookers, which is probably what most idiots spend it all on.

I suppose it depends on your definition of idiot. Personally, old women who die and leave their entire fortunes to cat charities are idiots. Cats won't find a cure for cancer, cats won't design the ships to take us to Mars, cats won't write the next great novel. They'll just lick themselves and shit on the carpet.

Besides, if you've got £108 million, you won't need hookers, hot girls will seek you out, desperate for marriage and impregnation.

There's no need to take it personally that I denigrated the two things you plan to spend it all on. ;)

Quote: zooo @ 19th March 2014, 3:38 PM GMT

There's no need to take it personally that I denigrated the two things you plan to spend it all on. ;)

Laughing out loud

Drugs are bad m'kay. Like most people, I'd do the whole Caligula thing for the first few months and get it out of my system. As someone who used to be on a decent wage and lost it all, I'd definitely invest a lot of it and start a few businesses.

Once you subtract the cost of a mansion, chauffeur driven car, private jet and yacht, there's not a huge amount of cash left over.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 19th March 2014, 1:50 PM GMT

People who win it and declare they're miserable should be taken out and shot.

It's almost as if they think money can't buy you happiness.

RC: How would you burn through it in a year?
Buying things would still have value even if they depreciated.

Gambling perhaps but £108 million would take some losing and why would you need to anyway?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th March 2014, 3:51 PM GMT

RC: How would you burn through it in a year?

Decent private yacht, you're looking at a minimum £10 million spend, staffing it will cost you another £600,000 a year and a berth at Monaco for the Grand Prix, that's at least £2 million. So in one weekend, I could spend 10% of the prize winnings.

Decent London mansion, £10 million at the very least, second homes in America and the Bahamas, another £15 million. Throw in another £1 million for the upkeep, staffing and security of the properties.

Private Jet, £16 million, cost of fuel, pilots, cabin crew, etc. another £1 million.

Chauffeur driven Maybach, £700,000.

Setting up a private charity - such as bringing back the Remploy Factories - £10-20 million.

Giving money to friends and relatives, £18 million.

So far, that's at least £84 million, and if I wanted to do something really crazy like start a television channel, fund a giant monster movie or build the Eiffel Tower out of hookers, then I could spend even more money.

Or you could just buy one thing worth £108 million?

£108M would hopefully reverse some of the Legal Aid cuts.