Worst sitcom from the last decade? Page 5

Why are we still arguing that the answer to the OP is anything other than "The Wright Way"?

It's "The Thin Blue Line" of the 21st century.

The Wright Way was deeply flawed, but you are talking madness, man! The Thin Blue Line is joyous!

Outnumbered was my cure for insomnia.

Even though it had Sarah Alexander and Emma Pierson, The Worst Week of my Life was another that was like watching grass grow.

Quote: Aaron @ August 13 2013, 1:46 PM BST

The Thin Blue Line is joyous!

Yep!

Why didn't they make a 3rd series of TTBL?

I think it had more or less concluded its natural life, David. And the cast were very busy elsewhere, Atkinson off to LA to make the Bean movie, etc.

I don't know if there was enough potential left for a third series.

And: The prologue (Raymond's speech) to the episodes of the second series were rather pointless imo.

How can you not like The Office? And it's not The Office's legacy which has been left as Partridge did it first. The Office is intelligent comedy, maybe without it we would still have canned laughter. Because of it I am sure people see more humour and ridiculous things in their daily life, truth is funnier than fiction. It isn't just laughs, it's philosophy, that's true comedy, not failing over shit like Miranda. The world of comedy is smarter because of Alan Partridge and The Office.

Your go, Aaron!

There were funny moments in The Office but then again there are funny moments in almost everything. BUT a sitcom is not meant to be about funny moments it is meant to be funny, as for the worst my top three (in no particular order) would be....

The Office
Outnumbered
Miranda

I cannot include Badults as it simply is not comedy.

Outnumbered for me. Absolutely unwatchable.

It's interesting to see people's takes on the same shows, for me some of your worst are my favourites. I agree that Outnumbered was pretty slow, it had its moments though, more dramedy than anything.

There are two absolute worst, The Office and Starhyke. I could not get into The Office, I felt bored watching Ricky Gervais overact all over the place.

Starhyke?! WTF. Never heard of that one before. Sounds like an absolute wreck of a project.

Quote: Aaron @ August 25 2013, 12:27 AM BST

Starhyke?! WTF. Never heard of that one before. Sounds like an absolute wreck of a project.

Oh it was... dreadful, and it's a shame because I really like Claudia Christian (who played one of the key roles on Babylon 5). I managed to *find* a copy and it was bad, worst than bad. I'm not surprised you've never heard of it Aaron.

We have a thread about it, I see: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/18200/