- Martin Freeman, Barbara Isitt, Marc Wootton, Jason Watkins, Alan Carr, Ricky Tomlinson, Rosie Cavaliero, John Sessions and more
- Debbie Isitt and May Chu
- Debbie Isitt
- Nick Jones, Richard Turner, Joe Oppenheimer, David M. Thompson, Lee Thomas and Michael Henry
Mr Maddens is a frustrated under-achieving primary school teacher. His long time adversary, Gordon Shakespeare, is the teacher at the posh independent school up the road.
Every year, the two schools are embroiled in a bitter rivalry to achieve a five-star review for their Christmas nativity play. Maddens' class always comes runner-up. The story of his life.
This year, Maddens makes an idle boast to Shakespeare that his school's showstopping musical has attracted the attention of his ex-girlfriend, Jennifer Lore - who happens to be a big time Hollywood Producer. They want to make a movie starring his kids - Hollywood is coming to Coventry!
When over-enthusiastic new classroom assistant, Mr Poppy, overhears the lie, Maddens suddenly finds himself a local celebrity and at the centre of quarrelling parents, a wannabe show director, and more Mary and Josephs than he can shake a stick at.
Now all he needs to do is persuade Jennifer to make Hollywood pay attention and make their dreams come true.
- Part of
- UK certificate
- 106 minutes
- UK cinematic release
- Friday 27th November 2009
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- Next repeats
- Tomorrow at 2:20pm on BBC1
- Saturday 4th December at 8:20am on BBC2
- Most recent repeats
- Wednesday 23rd December 2020 at 10:15am on BBC1
- Saturday 19th December 2020 at 10:00am on CBBC
- Monday 14th December 2020 at 6:00pm on CBBC