- Dirk Bogarde, Muriel Pavlow, Kenneth More, Donald Sinden, Kay Kendall, James Robertson Justice, Donald Houston, Suzanne Cloutier and more
- Richard Gordon and Nicholas Phipps
- Ralph Thomas and David Orton
- Betty E. Box and Earl St. John
Simon Sparrow encounters a curious set of fellow students upon his enrolment at St. Swithin's teaching hospital: a group who've intentionally failed to pass their exams for numerous years in a row!
Lead by Richard Grimsdyke - who enjoys a £1,000-a-year gift from a family member whilst he is in training - the group take Simon under their wing, showing him the ropes in the classroom, with the fairer sex, and enlisting his help on the rugby field.
However, the team's shenanigans come to a head when Richard's fiancée threatens to leave him (and indeed, the country) if he does not become a proper, respectable doctor - finally, they must attempt to pass and receive their degrees.
And so, with a fair few hiccups along the way, the friends follow Simon into the world of proper study, progressing through their training and finally getting a look at some real, live patients.
- Part of
- UK certificate
- 92 minutes
- UK premiere
- Tuesday 23rd March 1954
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- All previous repeats
- Saturday 2nd March 2013 at 2:15pm on BBC2
- Wednesday 9th May 2012 at 11:30am on BBC2
- Thursday 1st April 2010 at 11:00am on BBC2
- Pinewood Studios
- University College London - Exterior of St Swithin's