Status report Page 5,784

Quote: Lee @ 17th April 2015, 12:22 PM BST

It's the second day of my soup challenge test!

My what? You ask!

Well... Basically after snubbing tinned soup, I have since found a keen fondness for Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup. But I don't want to necessarily pay Heinz prices (yeah I'm a cheapo, what of it?) Anyway, I bought the supermarket brand version at 55p and the even cheaper no frills at 35p (prices may differ) Yesterday the 55p passed with flying colours! Which means for me, I can buy two cans of that for practically the price of 1 can of Heinz. Winning! So if today's test on the cheapest goes well, I'm gonna be a happy boy.

Results to follow shortly...

*dramatic music*

I made my own cream of tomato soup recently and it was absolutely delicious, but it worked out to be rather expensive. We're talking about £3.50 per bowl.

I need to find a supplier of cheap, but amazing tomatoes.

The problem I have and with many recipes is having a stock of fresh cream! I just don't have it in my fridge and when I do I use it once and then the rest goes funny.

Quote: Lee @ 18th April 2015, 1:55 PM BST

The problem I have and with many recipes is having a stock of fresh cream! I just don't have it in my fridge and when I do I use it once and then the rest goes funny.

Freeze the rest in an ice cube tray then add as many as you need straight from the freezer next time.

My hub makes lovely chicken soup with no cream.

Quote: Loopey @ 18th April 2015, 12:53 PM BST

In other news, Loopey is a bit sore and disorientated after an exhausting wheelchair fitting yesterday but is looking forward to getting a new seat.

I take it you mean the seat of the wheelchair.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th April 2015, 3:43 PM BST

I take it you mean the seat of the wheelchair.

Having seen the size of the mould yesterday I think liposuction might be a good idea.

Quote: Loopey @ 18th April 2015, 2:40 PM BST

Freeze the rest in an ice cube tray then add as many as you need straight from the freezer next time.

My hub makes lovely chicken soup with no cream.

I never thought about freezing it! :O

She's a blimmin' genius.

I just made flapjacks. I may eat them all.

Quote: zooo @ 18th April 2015, 4:01 PM BST

She's a blimmin' genius.

I just made flapjacks. I may eat them all.

That depends on how quickly I get round to yours Zooo. *Powers up wheelchair*

You'd better hurry up. I'm on my third.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 18th April 2015, 6:29 AM BST

Is doing a 17Km run today. Had to get up at 6:45 in the morning because of it....on a Saturday!!! I hope I won't break a leg or suffer a heart attack.

Quote: Loopey @ 18th April 2015, 12:53 PM BST

Hope it goes well Gordon. Tell us more about it later if you are not in hospital.

17Km in 1:15:01. Fifth rank...no heart attack or stroke, but a short nosebleed. Now I'm "cream crackered"!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 18th April 2015, 6:23 PM BST

17Km in 1:15:01. Fifth rank...no heart attack or stroke, but a short nosebleed. Now I'm "cream crackered"!

Crikey, well done.

Wow, that's pretty quick, Gordon!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 18th April 2015, 6:23 PM BST

Cream crackered? Shouldn't there be some Swiss Cheese on them?

I went through the self scan checkout in Asda today and left half my shopping behind !

I wonder if they have WiFi in The Twilight Home For The Terminally Confused ?

Had you scanned it though? NEVER use the self-scanning! It's doing someone out of a job. If there's no choice I'm usually a nuisance and keep asking for assistance.

I've just bought an old portablr 1960s record player from an Antiques/Junk shop. It's one of those where you can stack about 6 45s. Ask your parents!