Status report Page 5,788

Quote: Lee @ 27th April 2015, 12:32 PM BST

Lee should get back into the Skit Writing Comp and steal back 1st place from Gappy.

Or maybe I should. I haven't entered (!) for about 6 years but maybe will have another go.

Definitely, the more the merrier.

Ben recalls the days of entering the skit comp. He was so young back then.

Looking forward to the first of my annual trips to the bluebells tomorrow.

I already have nice tulips and cherry blossom in my garden.

And soon it will be time to re-visit dear old RVW at rhodedendron wood.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/leith-hill/things-to-see-and-do/view-page/item562534/

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/leith-hill/visitor-information/article-1355783625020/

Ralph Vaughan Williams - Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U6sWqfrnTs :)

You mean these Bluebells I presume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B4Y8NDbHIk

Goodness, what a lot to catch up on, I've only been away since Friday!
Thank you everyone for your good wishes. My grandson is of course the best baby in the world ever and I love him to bits.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 23rd April 2015, 9:30 PM BST

Loopey I didn't realise grandmothers could be so young. And beautiful. Congratulations. :) (HGT - and you too - the congratulations bit - but you did miss a "d" out of grandchild ) ;)

Thank you A Horseradish, flattery will get you everywhere. Congratulations HGT for when the big day comes (it hasn't happened yet has it?)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th April 2015, 7:56 AM BST

Must be the season for grandchildren, I will be grandad for the third time in May.

How lovely, keep us posted.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 26th April 2015, 5:37 PM BST

Went into the new Aldi. Had never been in one before. I was totally underwhelmed and didn't buy anything. It seems to be a massive building with not a lot in it and it makes the average Sainsburys feel like it actually does have a soul. Poor people - vote Morrisons. Rich people - M & S or Waitrose.

We had an Aldi for about 6 months. It closed down because of lack of custom. Understandable considering there is a Lidl opposite. If poor people to Morrisons, rich to M&S or Waitrose and Herc goes to Tesco, what type of people go to Asda?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th April 2015, 9:33 AM BST

Just had my biennial bowel cancer results in the post this morning and have another clear test - PHEW! :D

Always great to hear good news.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 28th April 2015, 1:16 AM BST

Looking forward to the first of my annual trips to the bluebells tomorrow.

I will be doing the same soon. Lots of National Trust places reasonably nearby and some have beautiful gardens at this time of year. Sadly not all accessible.

Well, I think I'm done, thanks for staying with me folks. Now I have to catch up on some more threads, or maybe unpack, or perhaps post a million baby photos on facebook.

Quote: billwill @ 28th April 2015, 11:51 AM BST

You mean these Bluebells I presume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B4Y8NDbHIk

Wow.

Yes - but that was only after we'd eaten the magic mushrooms. :D

Quote: Loopey @ 28th April 2015, 2:46 PM BST

Goodness, what a lot to catch up on, I've only been away since Friday!
Thank you everyone for your good wishes. My grandson is of course the best baby in the world ever and I love him to bits. Thank you A Horseradish, flattery will get you everywhere. Congratulations HGT for when the big day comes (it hasn't happened yet has it?). How lovely, keep us posted. We had an Aldi for about 6 months. It closed down because of lack of custom. Understandable considering there is a Lidl opposite. If poor people to Morrisons, rich to M&S or Waitrose and Herc goes to Tesco, what type of people go to Asda? Always great to hear good news. I will be doing the same soon. Lots of National Trust places reasonably nearby and some have beautiful gardens at this time of year. Sadly not all accessible. Well, I think I'm done, thanks for staying with me folks. Now I have to catch up on some more threads, or maybe unpack, or perhaps post a million baby photos on facebook.

Great news Loops and, yes, it is a good time of the year. We are stardust. We are golden. And we have all got to get back to the gardens. On the basis of the one and only time I ever went to Asda, the sorts of people who go there are students. The ones who realise they have run out of food at 4am in the morning and unwisely take a taxi to the only place that is open. Spooky was the word. It was so empty it felt like being in a desert in Texas. I'm sure they had a dodgy motel on the side of it.

Last day of my holiday...and I woke up at 6am. I bet tomorrow when I have to get up to go to work I will struggle to wake up.

Quote: reds @ 28th April 2015, 9:34 PM BST

Last day of my holiday...and I woke up at 6am. I bet tomorrow when I have to get up to go to work I will struggle to wake up.

You should retire..........it doesn't matter what time I get up or on what day.
:D

I actually officially retired 3 years ago.
Then took on small jobs because customers begged me to help them. Then bigger jobs and more jobs and now I'm back where I started.

I don't have to work...... but it's more like a hobby and I love it.

Facebook seems to have decided the world might just be all connected. In the people I may know bit it is suggesting people who I don't share any mutual friends with and nor are they people from my email address book.

Just landed in Las Vegas.

Vegas is awesome!

Quote: DaButt @ 30th April 2015, 5:17 AM BST

Just landed in Las Vegas.

The status of the year so far.