Status report Page 4,324

Quote: dellas @ February 28 2012, 10:40 AM GMT

Yesterdays 'Womens Hour' had a feature on 'Women- are they funny'?, very interesting. They had a guy from 'Chortle' web-site on, He was discussing the 'Chortle Comedy Awards', the programme was surprised that no women featured in the winners? a shock, given the rise of Sarah Millican, Miranda Hart etall;

There may have ben a "rise" for Millican, Miranda etall but that doesn't mean they are funnier than all the men does it.

The only way to guarantee a woman wins something would be to make a female subsection but that would be sexist.

Quote: Marc P @ February 28 2012, 9:04 AM GMT

Tell it to the police pervert!

What is his name?

Quote: Chappers @ February 28 2012, 11:29 AM GMT

There may have ben a "rise" for Millican, Miranda etall but that doesn't mean they are funnier than all the men does it.

The only way to guarantee a woman wins something would be to make a female subsection but that would be sexist.

What is his name?

RIchard. But he's private now.

:) Chappers I did not make a personal opinion, just reported what the programme said, it was interesting though.

Quote: dellas @ February 28 2012, 11:36 AM GMT

:) Chappers I did not make a personal opinion, just reported what the programme said, it was interesting though.

I'd love to have listened to it but being Woman's Hour I'm not allowed to by law.

Quote: Chappers @ February 28 2012, 11:39 AM GMT

I'd love to have listened to it but being Woman's Hour I'm not allowed to by law.

Quite, we haven't got two and half hours to waste! :)

Quote: Marc P @ February 28 2012, 11:44 AM GMT

Quite, we haven't got two and half hours to waste! :)

Nor can we multi task like women, who can listen to Woman's Hour whilst eating chocolate.

Guys its one hour promise. 10-11am R4, OK, perhaps seems longer to men, women 'wittering' on for a bit!. ;)

Quote: dellas @ February 28 2012, 11:52 AM GMT

Guys its one hour promise. 10-11am R4, OK, perhaps seems longer to men, women 'wittering' on for a bit!. ;)

BUT IT'S FOR WOMEN!!!!

Quote: dellas @ February 28 2012, 11:52 AM GMT

Not even an hour, 15 minutes of it is drama serial. Anyway, where are those chocolates?

:D Rocker be quiet listening to 'Hallelujah Chorus' now.

The funny thing is that women never listen... especially to each other. So why there should be a radio show for them is quite baffling. I think it was some sort of post modern ironic joke made by Reith in a prescient kind of way and the girls haven't twigged it yet.

Quote: Marc P @ February 28 2012, 12:00 PM GMT

The funny thing is that women never listen... especially to each other. So why there should be a radio show for them is quite baffling. I think it was some sort of post modern ironic joke made by Reith in a prescient kind of way and the girls haven't twigged it yet.

Sorry, did you say something? My ears are all blocked up with milk tray. Excuse me, got to reapply my nail polish - chipped a nail typing this. God, being a woman is such hard work!

For goodness sake if you can't type what kind of future are you going to have??? I take it you are on the dole with this lack of essential skills for the modern woman?

Quote: Marc P @ February 28 2012, 12:06 PM GMT

For goodness sake if you can't type what kind of future are you going to have??? I take it you are on the dole with this lack of essential skills for the modern woman?

It's these new-fangled technological doohickeys! I just can't get my head around them! I mean they haven't even put the letters in the order of the alphabet song! I'm gonna find me a rich man so I can have his babies and read magazines all day! Don't you worry about me!

If you're typing this, then who's doing the laundry?