Status report Page 4,289

Me too. :(

Got a letter today. Apparently the wife has been caught doing 35 in a 30 limit on the same stretch of road as she did about 6 years ago. If she was doing 34 she would've been OK - the extra mph means we either pay £60 and have 3 points (expensive to the insurance etc) or she does a speed awareness course which is £85 but no points. We can't really afford either but it will make life potentially more expensive if she has those points. One mile per hour - that's quarter of the speed of walking pace! She's only had two speeding in 8 years of driving and they've been in the same place about 30 miles from where we live. Oh, and she was sick in the night too.

Quote: Tuumble @ February 14 2012, 12:18 PM GMT

Got a letter today. Apparently the wife has been caught doing 35 in a 30 limit on the same stretch of road as she did about 6 years ago. If she was doing 34 she would've been OK - the extra mph means we either pay £60 and have 3 points (expensive to the insurance etc) or she does a speed awareness course which is £85 but no points. We can't really afford either but it will make life potentially more expensive if she has those points. One mile per hour - that's quarter of the speed of walking pace! She's only had two speeding in 8 years of driving and they've been in the same place about 30 miles from where we live. Oh, and she was sick in the night too.

That is very harsh. Is there an appeals process?

I too have to attend a bad boy driving course.

Better than the points or a morning visit to a court.

Quote: JohnnyD @ February 14 2012, 12:56 PM GMT

Harsh?

Apparently, they allow speeding up to 13% over the limit. And, even then, there is an option to avoid points on the licence.

Nail em up eh johnny

Quote: bigfella @ February 14 2012, 1:15 PM GMT

Nail em up eh johnny

Might stop them from speeding.

I think it's totally out of order...the poor woman has only ever gone above the speed limit twice and she has been prosecuted both times.
* shakes fist with sympathetic outrage*

Quote: bigfella @ February 14 2012, 12:54 PM GMT

I too have to attend a bad boy driving course.

Better than the points or a morning visit to a court.

My license is clean again! Woot woot. Good job to I only had 3 points left lol!

I had a number of endorsments on mine but they have since gone. Hence its best that I do the course this time.

Its always the same streach of road, in Southend. It looks like it should be 70 and its 50!!! damn road. Good excuse not to see the mother in law though.

And what about the speed of pedestrians eh eh?

I don't think there are any speed cameras in the United States; our cops take on the responsibility for ticketing speeders. That said, I don't think they'd even blink at 5 MPH; you're usually safe until 10 MPH and even more on a major freeway like in Los Angeles.

Red light cameras have begun popping up all over the country but one by one they seem to be disappearing as they are proved to be nothing but cash generators that actually increase the numbers of collisions at intersections. Sooner or later the residents get fed up and vote to have them removed.

In some cities the "traffic school" is presented by comedians as a way of making the 8-hour course less painful.

Do any of the tutors crash and burn?

Quote: sootyj @ February 14 2012, 3:15 PM GMT

Do any of the tutors crash and burn?

It's still the most boring 8 hours of your life.

My last ticket was in 2001 and I elected to take the course online. It was supposed to take a mandatory 8 hours of my time but something was wrong with the website and I just whizzed through all the "training" and quizzes in 15 minutes.

Asked for further details of a few flats. It is clear by the responses they are scams. I really do have more important things to do, but just can't help playing along for the satisfaction of knowing their greedy evil little hearts will be disappointed.

Keep on plugging, what a struggle eh?

That or I think Big Brother are recruiting again.