What are you drinking? Page 161

Right at this moment a mug of coffee before I go an get the week's shopping at Tesco.

Quote: DaButt @ 24th January 2015, 3:05 AM GMT

The guys at Anchor will always have a place in history as one of the first microbreweries to break out into the national scene. I remember drinking Anchor Steam 20 years ago and having my eyes opened to the possibilities of great beer. That said, their IPA is not a standout in the genre, so keep sampling!

I also got a Snake Dog IPA and a Rams Head IPA, but haven't tried them yet.

Ben is on the potato vodka.

White wine.

My current favourite drink is an imported Dutch lager called Oranjeboom 8.5. I only need 3 of these to get a nice buzz and I can get 4 cans for a fiver from a local off licence. Hic.

Lemon squash!

De-effing-licious. I do like an alcoholic beverage that doesn't taste like an alcoholic beverage.

Quote: zooo @ 31st March 2015, 12:56 AM BST

De-effing-licious. I do like an alcoholic beverage that doesn't taste like an alcoholic beverage.

Then try a proper one . .

Quote: Ben @ 23rd January 2015, 10:46 PM GMT

I got round to getting some US IPAs t'other day and had this one last night:

It was damn nice.

That looks like it's been in the fridge. Don't tell me you drank it cold!

Quote: Oldrocker @ 31st March 2015, 1:03 AM BST

Then try a proper one . .

Is that some kind of cherry flavoured beer?
I don't think beer can ever taste good, even if it's pink.

Quote: zooo @ 31st March 2015, 12:56 AM BST

I love raspberries and rhubarb, so I'd give it a try.

Quote: Chappers @ 31st March 2015, 6:21 PM BST

That looks like it's been in the fridge. Don't tell me you drank it cold!

It's sweating, so it was probably stored in the fridge and then allowed to warm up a bit.

You won't find many (any?) places in the States where they serve an IPA (or most craft beers) warm. Most of the country doesn't have cellars and ambient temps are quite warm, so you'll usually find crappy beer served ice-cold, while decent beers are probably served at about 45F/8C. They tend to warm up very quickly.

Quote: DaButt @ 31st March 2015, 6:50 PM BST

It's sweating, so it was probably stored in the fridge and then allowed to warm up a bit.

You won't find many (any?) places in the States where they serve an IPA (or most craft beers) warm. Most of the country doesn't have cellars and ambient temps are quite warm, so you'll usually find crappy beer served ice-cold, while decent beers are probably served at about 45F/8C. They tend to warm up very quickly.

I've been to cafes and cinemas where they keep things like Hobgoblin in a fridge. They've just got NO idea!

Quote: zooo @ 31st March 2015, 6:41 PM BST

Is that some kind of cherry flavoured beer?
I don't think beer can ever taste good, even if it's pink.

I thought you rather liked that strawberry beer you drank in Greenwich? Or am I mixing you up with someone else?!

Drop o Boddingtons.

Ice cold water to try and numb my sore mouth :(